New PPF professional install edge lifting. F350

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, 603much1 said:

Oh ok, yes its a smooth panel. 

Are you sure? The amount of orange peel in the paint made me think it had rocker guard on it.  If that panel was flat and had that much orange peel, I'd be more concerned about that then the ppf IMO

9 hours ago, alberts316 said:

Are you sure? The amount of orange peel in the paint made me think it had rocker guard on it.  If that panel was flat and had that much orange peel, I'd be more concerned about that then the ppf IMO

Yes. No rocker guard. It is flat and i don't know why is shows a ton of orange peel. It does not look like that in person. This is the very bottom of door and cab corners, you have to kneel down and look very close to see these areas. 

Should the smaller areas be repaired as well or should i just be concerned with the larger lifting spot. Once this film lifts Im sure it only gets worse? Especially in these areas where dirt & water will be kicked up. 

Many panels that low have slightly textured paint and the film will not lay down perfectly flat which causes lots of little bubbles and edges like that to not stay down.  If it's not textured like you say and are that worried about paint lifting, you need to just have them trim those fingers off.  

The installer may have forgot to heat down the edges cause it was such a low area.  

On 10/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Speed said:

Why are your doors filled with oil?  

They are filled to prevent rust, it is very common on these super duty trucks for people to oil the insides of the doors. the truck is 20 years old. Im guessing this is probably why it lifted on the door some, the film is the lowest on this door aswell. Going to get it trimmed.