commercial frost fixing gap

We applied solyx frosted sparkle film to a office with 4 panes of glass with caulk in the middle of each pane. We computer cut each piece and because of the unevenness of the caulk it left different gaps on each pane. Most gaps were 1/16" but a couple we 1/8" to slightly larger. The client is having a fit and wants the gaps closed. What have others done to correct the gap and make it uniform. My thought was to find out what type of caulk / glaze  was used to seal the glass and tape the edges and apply a small bead down the gap but not sure what type of caulk/glaze was used or what is standard on they type of glass. 

1 hour ago, qttire1 said:

We applied solyx frosted sparkle film to a office with 4 panes of glass with caulk in the middle of each pane. We computer cut each piece and because of the unevenness of the caulk it left different gaps on each pane. Most gaps were 1/16" but a couple we 1/8" to slightly larger. The client is having a fit and wants the gaps closed. What have others done to correct the gap and make it uniform. My thought was to find out what type of caulk / glaze  was used to seal the glass and tape the edges and apply a small bead down the gap but not sure what type of caulk/glaze was used or what is standard on they type of glass. 

We almost always clean the edge of caulk joints and cut them back to expose the bevel on the edge of the glass. .. No other way that I know of provides  better results. 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, TomTint said:

We almost always clean the edge of caulk joints and cut them back to expose the bevel on the edge of the glass. .. No other way that I know of provides  better results. 

True That............:cool

On 10/4/2019 at 10:33 AM, TomTint said:

Tom is on point again