Vista V51 - curling issues.....

1 hour ago, Roach said:

We didn't seal the edges... Not exactly sure what qualifies as being near a 'coast'. We were in NYC so like 2 miles from the river on either side.

According to Llumar Technical Bulletin:

Edge sealant required if within 10 km [6.2 miles] of ocean

Llumar has a horrendous history of film curling off the glass. Their V14/18/28 line is miserable if you don't use X100. We actually stopped using it entirely due to the curling issues. Other mfrs have figured out how to get CDA to play nice, it's shameful that Eastman can't do the same. 

Llumar has a horrendous history of film curling off the glass.....it's shameful that Eastman can't do the same. 

I can't agree more. For any manufacturer.

This wasn't my job... Just hired as an installer.... So my 'care' is somewhat limited... Still.... I'd like to see what work I did was up to par. Hard to do that when film isnt.... Adequate.

The biggest issue, with this job at least, is that scaffolding needed to be setup to do it. So if the film does curl, it's a whole other ball of wax trying to fix it.

Regardless, still not happy with Vista at this time. Lol

3 hours ago, tint45 said:

How did it go?

It went good. No issues with it curling. :thumb2

Haven't gotten any calls about it - so hopefully it's fine. I don't know if maybe it was the v51 roll we had.. or the glass... or the sun.. who knows. So many things could cause film to curl.