87 Grand National

Ross

Dry brittle surrounds and edges of the rear glass.  Watch out for how much the doors shift also.  Like doing a Foxbody Mustang.  The door glasses are probably going to dance around in the frame.  I would also go easy on the frit edging(black dot matrix material, if there is any around the quarter glasses.   It is also probably brittle and might be easily removed with a razor blade.  

Other than that it is really rather basic.  Good Luck :thumb   and nice car to work on :bling    

:beer  

Edited by Bham

20 hours ago, Bham said:

Dry brittle surrounds and edges of the rear glass.  Watch out for how much the doors shift also.  Like doing a Foxbody Mustang.  The door glasses are probably going to dance around in the frame.  I would also go easy on the frit edging(black dot matrix material, if there is any around the quarter glasses.   It is also probably brittle and might be easily removed with a razor blade.  

Other than that it is really rather basic.  Good Luck :thumb   and nice car to work on :bling    

:beer  

Thanks you! yeah the customer said that they don't make quarter glass replacements for that car yet. Thanks for the great tips and hopefully I'll get to do this car. I quoted a little higher than normal because of the age and time is going to take you have a clean job. Hopefully he doesn't take it to a hack shop though instead.