Llumar
xpel
spacer
Llumar
xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
dman777

Has anyone user Johnsons's Insulat IR tint?

We used it for about 2 years. Never seen a failure return. Great heat rejection. Color is ok. Very thin for a ceramic and not the best scratch coat for sure. Other than that we sold quite a lot of it. 

I was trying to decide between the insulatir and the LLumar Pinnacle. I went to Custom Sounds(the only place that sells LLumar in Austin) and the display for the Pinnacle was really bad. I couldn't tell the color because it was this tiny sample in a box with a bright lamp behind it. I asked the sales guy if I could have a small scrap piece to get an idea on the color and he just kind of snubbed me like I was off the street or something. 

The place that sales the Insulatir in my city(Mothers tint) was friendly and was willing to give me a lot more information, so I think I might go with the Johnsons. 

Curious...you mentioned that the Insulatir scratches easier than others. What about compared to the Pinnacle? Would they be about on the same level for scratch proof? My only real concern is when I take my car to the car wash and they wipe down the windows. 

Edited by dman777

54 minutes ago, dman777 said:

I was trying to decide between the insulatir and the LLumar Pinnacle. I went to Custom Sounds(the only place that sells LLumar in Austin) and the display for the Pinnacle was really bad. I couldn't tell the color because it was this tiny sample in a box with a bright lamp behind it. I asked the sales guy if I could have a small scrap piece to get an idea on the color and he just kind of snubbed me like I was off the street or something. 

The place that sales the Insulatir in my city(Mothers tint) was friendly and was willing to give me a lot more information, so I think I might go with the Johnsons. 

Curious...you mentioned that the Insulatir scratches easier than others. What about compared to the Pinnacle? Would they be about on the same level for scratch proof? My only real concern is when I take my car to the car wash and they wipe down the windows. 

I did a quick search and I wouldn't go to the Llumar shop anyways because their reviews are horrible.  The Johnson shop is much much higher rated...installation quality and overall service is more important.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:48 PM, dman777 said:

When we talk about scratch coat it will more then likely be referring to tools scratching it during installation. 

Yes. I’m referring to installing with the scratch coat.  Most detail shops are used to cars with window film and take care when cleaning the windows.  The Johnson scratch coat isn’t so soft I’d worry about that. 

Edited by CnCCustoms