How Much Extra Do You Charge for Front Quarters?

If they are super super easy (with borders) sometimes I don't charge extra because they take minutes and the tint can be taken from scraps. I have only been adding $10, sometimes $20  to the job. 

I try not to mention it to the customer anymore because I feel like most customers because they think I'm crazy for counting it as a window and charging more. 

4 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

If they are super super easy (with borders) sometimes I don't charge extra because they take minutes and the tint can be taken from scraps. I have only been adding $10, sometimes $20  to the job. 

I try not to mention it to the customer anymore because I feel like most customers because they think I'm crazy for counting it as a window and charging more. 

Luckily we haven't anyone act negative about it.  We have quoted incorrectly a couple of times where we assumed it was just two rollups.  We just let them know it is normally more but we will waive it this time.  

I would vote the '18 style vw gulf as being the most awkward to get at, very small space to get the film through.

Being a one man show, many years ago I standardized my prices instead of trying to keep track of the window configuration of each car. A pair of doors was $---, as well as, all two door cars had a set price and and all 4 four door cars had a set price. Trucks varied based upon the model configuration. Even though some model are more difficult then others, now a days you can get a 4dr 5 window vehicle up to a 4dr 11 window vehicle it still feels easier to just say "all four door cars are $---". I think customers feel better knowing that they are all paying the same. After 30 years of tinting nothing is really difficult anymore, some vehicles just take a little longer, its really not that much in the grand scale of a career. 

On 10/29/2019 at 12:57 PM, niagaratinting said:

I standardized my prices instead of trying to keep track of the window configuration of each car. A pair of doors was $---, as well as, all two door cars had a set price and and all 4 four door cars had a set price. Trucks varied based upon the model configuration. Even though some model are more difficult then others, now a days you can get a 4dr 5 window vehicle up to a 4dr 11 window vehicle it still feels easier to just say "all four door cars are $---". I think customers feel better knowing that they are all paying the same. After 30 years of tinting nothing is really difficult anymore, some vehicles just take a little longer, its really not that much in the grand scale of a career. 

This was my approach to pricing as well.

I have a few cars I charge extra for because of the pains they give (300/Charger, 1st Gen Fusion/MKZ, VW Jetta, etc...) but I wanted things to be simpler for people and myself.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, DynamicATL said:

Got a question.  When you're doing 2 front doors only, how much extra do you charge to do the 2 front quarter windows?  We originally were just throwing on $20 bucks to the total.  Now we are charging 50% of what our 2 front window price...so say $150 if the 2 doors only are $100.  Don't have to give dollar amounts, just looking for a percentage.

We have just a 4 door car set price.

Some are quick, some are longer.