Bad tint job?

Hi guys, new to this website, but I got my windows tinted yesterday and noticed this after work. All windows are fine except this one. I just bought the car two weeks ago and I doubt there could be scratches or issues with the window. I can only feel some of lines towards the pillar/edge of the window, but everything else I cant really feel. Any thoughts on this? I texted the tint guy and he said he would take a look at it, but he doesnt think a re-tint would do much. 

Thanks!

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

:yeah that's definitely a possibility, especially if it's just the one window 

Hard to say 100% without the vehicle in front of me to see it but it sure looks like the glass is scratched. What kind of car is it? Is it new or a demo/used?

With the number of them and the direction they're running I'd hazard a guess that the installer prepped the glass with a razor blade and the blade scratched it. Unfortunate but it does happen, especially with some of the softer glass we see on cars today, if that's the case and they're responsible than hopefully they'll do the right thing and take care of it.

Edited by highplains

1 minute ago, highplains said:

Hard to say 100% without the vehicle in front of me to see it but it sure looks like the glass is scratched. What kind of car is it? Is it new or a demo/used?

With the number of them and the direction they're running I'd hazard a guess that the installer prepped the glass with a razor blade and the blade scratched it. Unfortunate but it does happen, especially with some of the softer glass we see on cars today, if that's the case and they're responsible than hopefully they'll do the right thing and take care of it.

Its a brand new VW GTI, would the dealer be able to take care of it if thats the case?

Somone definitely used a razor blade, now was that the tint installer or done before the tint job, who knows.  Personally, it seems odd that the tinter was able to tint all the windows with no issue but have an issue there which leads me to believe the tinter did not do it.  It is easy to have existing scratches on your glass and not notice them until you tint the windows...the black background makes them stand out.  Brand new vehicles from the dealership always have scratches, flaws, etc.  Prior to you buying it, it was handled by multiple people from the manufacturing to getting it to the dealership...more hands involved, more chance of damage.  This is why when people get Paint Protection on a brand new car, they have to do paint correction first to ensure the paint is in top-notch shape prior to getting wrapped.  Once again, have no idea if the tinter did it or not...like said above, may be used a blade on that window to remove a sticker.

4 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Somone definitely used a razor blade, now was that the tint installer or done before the tint job, who knows.  Personally, it seems odd that the tinter was able to tint all the windows with no issue but have an issue there which leads me to believe the tinter did not do it.  It is easy to have existing scratches on your glass and not notice them until you tint the windows...the black background makes them stand out.  Brand new vehicles from the dealership always have scratches, flaws, etc.  Prior to you buying it, it was handled by multiple people from the manufacturing to getting it to the dealership...more hands involved, more chance of damage.  This is why when people get Paint Protection on a brand new car, they have to do paint correction first to ensure the paint is in top-notch shape prior to getting wrapped.  Once again, have no idea if the tinter did it or not...like said above, may be used a blade on that window to remove a sticker.

1 minute ago, no ma'am said:

:yeah  

3 minutes ago, highplains said:

If their prep and delivery team scratched it absolutely they should 

Will definitely be reaching out to the dealer. The tint guy used a brand new blade install. Hopefully the dealer will replace the window.

Just now, highplains said:

If their prep and delivery team scratched it absolutely they should 

We tinted a brand new Infiniti Q50S a couple of months ago.  The dealership did some work on it after we tinted it and scratched one of the windows.  He told us about it and was going to call when the glass was replaced.  He finally calls and comes in with another brand new Q50S, so we have to tint the whole thing again.  Apparently, when they had the vehicle waiting for the glass to come in, they backed it into another vehicle.  Then they tried to cover it up by repainting the bumper.  Luckily the guy caught it and after a whole day of fighting got them to replace the vehicle.