Bad tint job?

1 hour ago, Tint Eastwood said:

I’d mostly agree with that except they could have started on that window, realized they screwed up and adjusted the process on the rest of the car. :dunno 

Would a tinter be able to create that many scratches? Even if they did screw up. I would expect a few scratches at most, but this is a lot 

It looks like that is an SUV and that is factory tinted glass.

Sooo,  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that is dog nail scratches on factory tint.  Where someone's little pupper got mad at being in the car and went to town on that window.

:dunno    

33 minutes ago, Aliu121 said:

Would a tinter be able to create that many scratches? Even if they did screw up. I would expect a few scratches at most, but this is a lot 

Don't under estimate the ability of a tinter to fugg something up. :trustme    :lol

But you are right, it is excessive, I would hope an experienced tinter would know better but :dunno 

For me the determining factor would be if the scratches are all the way to the top edge and down to the sweep. If they are up/down there I would have to say it was the tinter because I don't see why a prep guy at the dealer would be removing stickers that far. Scratches would be mainly in the center if that was the case. :twocents 

6 minutes ago, Bham said:

It looks like that is an SUV and that is factory tinted glass.

Sooo,  I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that is dog nail scratches on factory tint.  Where someone's little pupper got mad at being in the car and went to town on that window.

12 hours ago, Aliu121 said:

Its a brand new VW GTI....

3 minutes ago, Tint Eastwood said:

Didn't see that down in the thread.  Oops :sorry 

So now not sure if those come factory tinted or not.  If those marks are on film.. wow :blink   

Edited by Bham

44 minutes ago, Bham said:

Didn't see that down in the thread.  Oops :sorry 

So now not sure if those come factory tinted or not.  If those marks are on film.. wow :blink   

Based on some researching they do come with a very light tint on them I think its about 72% from what I read.