Quick Help With Type Of Filme

Guest CCrows

On 10/31/2019 at 3:27 AM, CaliTINT said:

What you ordered will greatly alter the look and appearance from the outside. 

I am hoping I can get away with it CaliTINT. It is the corner of glass closest to the wall and not many people would see it. It would also be thin, 30 cms.

Tint Eastwood also suggested a shade of some sort. I have a plant there, perhaps I can put an artifical plant next to it.

But with these options, I am also blocking my view to outside during daytime.

These HOA people are insane. They put blinding lights straight into my balcony, my eyes dazzle if I make the mistake of turning my head.

2 hours ago, Guest CCrows said:

Thank you fellas. I am not understanding how there is no clear light blocking films. I think I visited 3M once and they showed me something similiar, but it was many years ago.

From the inside looking out some films are close to optically clear.... but you just said it yourself. “Light blocking films”. That in itself that it won’t be a clear film. Prescription eye glasses are “clear”. They do not block light.  Sun glasses are dark tinted lenses they DO block light. It’s aggravating sometimes to comprehend it when the solution seems so simple. But if anything is going to “block light” it either A: rejects/reflects the light with will look like a mirror from the outside or B: absorbs the light keeping it from coming through to your eyes and will look black(or whatever other color) from the outside. I’d tell the HOA either let me install a curtain or blind.... alter the light so it doesn’t bother me.... or I can wait till dark and shoot the light out every time they replace until they get the hint lol

Understood. I am still stock on what 3M rep showed me though.

Muahahahaha. Point well taken CnCCustoms.

I had a problem with one of their blinding corridor lights. Being an idiot, I spray painted it black. The bloody corridor smelt crazy for 3 months! I am glad I did not cause a fire and burn the building :)

Well you were right. I got the film, it worked fine but blocked/darkened my view during the day as well. I did not even check how it looks from outside.

I went with the artificial plant and solved the problem.

I live in an HOA community and if they had a blinding light shining in my room i'd tell them to fix it or i will, i don't pay $1500 a year in dues to feel like i'm being interrogated all night, i pay and live in an HOA community so i don't have to deal with that kind of crap. Complain to them, they are literally disrupting your life. People in my community complain if you leave your garbage bins out too long. Complain to the HOA. "Light pollution" is an actual legal thing and no different from noise pollution, a neighbor can't blast music to disrupt your life just like they can't blast light into your life. Lights are also not intended to be looked directly at so there is the potential for long term damage to your eyes and your health from disrupted sleep and hopefully it doesn't trigger a seizure. The HOA should be on your side, they can shield or redirect the light.

Edited by Tint Slayer