Car Wrapping

Wrap Institute is a good source for tips and tricks if you already have a grasp on what you're doing but videos aren't going to do you much good until you get hands on and start understanding film properties with your own 2 eyes. if you have the ability to pick up a part time apprenticeship with a reputable shop I'd recommend it. CK Wraps is a good place to learn everything not to do. Dude is a joke in the wrap community. Check out the instagram page WrapPolice. CK's work has been on there multiple times and he throws a hissy fit every time he gets called out. I would be weary of taking advice from anyone who will install/endorse Vvivid or Techwrap films. 

After you've got some experience I'd consider taking Avery's 2 day course. They recommend anyone signing up to have wrapped multiple cars already, but there was a handful of newbies in my class when I did it. Some good info, some info that isn't bad but I didn't necessarily agree with. With some experience, you'll be able to pick apart which info is good and which isn't. Wrapping is one of those arts that doesn't have a single correct way, but does have plenty of wrong ones and you'll eventually develop your own methods that work for you. Every brand of film has its own characteristics and needs to be installed differently. 

The only guys I've seen on youtube actually spreading good info/doing things correctly are PremiumAutoStyling, although they aren't super informative and their channel mostly just shows montages of them working.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:54 PM, HolyWrap! said:

Wrap Institute is a good source for tips and tricks if you already have a grasp on what you're doing but videos aren't going to do you much good until you get hands on and start understanding film properties with your own 2 eyes. if you have the ability to pick up a part time apprenticeship with a reputable shop I'd recommend it. CK Wraps is a good place to learn everything not to do. Dude is a joke in the wrap community. Check out the instagram page WrapPolice. CK's work has been on there multiple times and he throws a hissy fit every time he gets called out. I would be weary of taking advice from anyone who will install/endorse Vvivid or Techwrap films. 

After you've got some experience I'd consider taking Avery's 2 day course. They recommend anyone signing up to have wrapped multiple cars already, but there was a handful of newbies in my class when I did it. Some good info, some info that isn't bad but I didn't necessarily agree with. With some experience, you'll be able to pick apart which info is good and which isn't. Wrapping is one of those arts that doesn't have a single correct way, but does have plenty of wrong ones and you'll eventually develop your own methods that work for you. Every brand of film has its own characteristics and needs to be installed differently. 

The only guys I've seen on youtube actually spreading good info/doing things correctly are PremiumAutoStyling, although they aren't super informative and their channel mostly just shows montages of them working.

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Im thinking I’m going to give the Avery class a try.