Exterior Film Johnsons

11 hours ago, tintittowinit said:

Would you have a photo of this? And how's your experience been with their exterior films? I'm just curious with all of this since I always want to make sure we use products that last. 

Thanks, Tom! 

No o don't have pics of exterior failures handy. A simple google search should net you plenty. Yes we have used Hanita on exterior projects. I really dislike any exterior applications due to the inevitable trash that will find its way behind even the best cleaned window. 

29 minutes ago, TomTint said:

No o don't have pics of exterior failures handy. A simple google search should net you plenty. Yes we have used Hanita on exterior projects. I really dislike any exterior applications due to the inevitable trash that will find its way behind even the best cleaned window. 

Hmmm can't seem to find any.

Last few things, how long does it hold up? 3 years? 

I've been looking at their warranties and for vertical applications most have longer ones. 

Did you use their X -exterior films or Xtrm?

Do you really need to be certified to purchase the Xtrm ones and in order to install it and get the warranty? 

And can you reverse roll it and is the solution still the usual J&J?

Sorry for asking a lot it's gonna be our first time using this and doing an exterior install so I guess I just wanna know what could happen and what our options are.

Edited by tintittowinit

7 minutes ago, tintittowinit said:

Hmmm can't seem to find any.

Last few things, how long does it hold up? 3 years? 

I've been looking at their warranties and for vertical applications most have longer ones. 

Did you use their X -exterior films or Xtrm?

Do you really need to be certified to purchase the Xtrm ones and in order to install it and get the warranty? 

And can you reverse roll it and is the solution still the usual J&J?

Sorry for asking a lot it's gonna be our first time using this and doing an exterior install so I guess I just wanna know what could happen and what our options are.

How long will it last ? That's like asking what next weeks winning lottery numbers will be. We used Hanitas exterior silver something or another and their exterior silver/ gray. Yes it can be reverse rolled. It's a PS adhesive so obviate is a little more particular than a DA film. I have no idea what your supplier will require for certifications. Mine did not require anything as I think they know we have been at this for 30 something years. 

14 minutes ago, TomTint said:

How long will it last ? That's like asking what next weeks winning lottery numbers will be. We used Hanitas exterior silver something or another and their exterior silver/ gray. Yes it can be reverse rolled. It's a PS adhesive so obviate is a little more particular than a DA film. I have no idea what your supplier will require for certifications. Mine did not require anything as I think they know we have been at this for 30 something years. 

oh...... 😂

So both only lasted for like 3 years then it was replaced? Was it a skylight or a vertical installation?

How thick do you usually seal it?  and as a rule of thumb how long (days) do you wait before sealing it?

And would you know how much ft. a 300ml seal lasts based on your experience?

2 minutes ago, tintittowinit said:

oh...... 😂

So both only lasted for like 3 years then it was replaced? Was it a skylight or a vertical installation?

How thick do you usually seal it?  and as a rule of thumb how long (days) do you wait before sealing it?

And would you know how much ft. a 300ml seal lasts based on your experience?

Bud...you gotta just go take the info from the past 12 replies and piece together your answers. ..