Casper Cloaking Technology Film

20 minutes ago, MikeMN said:

I have a job next week installing the Casper Cloaking Technology Film, anyone installed this film before......?.........What are your thoughts on install. 

I have done a fair amount of it..Is is a test of my patience every time. if you are installing on butt glazed glass, make 1000% certain the caulking is completely gone, no residue left behind at all. Otherwise it will curl and finger forever. Very little slip is needed and bump the edges with a dry towel multiple times. I like using a blue max in a 8' channel with a extension in the end like I'm doing 8mil. ....that film simply sucks. 

I highly recommend not doing the job...took on it 3x and didn’t learn my lesson...it will be the worst day of your life I promise you. The film is all scratched up when you receive it and you will scratch it more when installing it. There no scratch coat so from there you will get bitch at...It was my worst nightmare but had no choice to do it for 6k sq fr of dual cloud...lost on it but won on the dual cloud...next time I will pass on the job...I have talk to everyone that done it and no one ...NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE HAD ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY OR ANY TIPS AND TRICK ON THE FILM.

73F73671-6E77-463D-AF1F-DFB95E043DE1.jpeg

0906070A-0FFD-44FB-8144-1BFE34C29CEA.jpeg

298072BE-26A0-45AB-BEFB-64B2267F2299.jpeg

3372BC39-4769-4393-A2EB-FD2F5542FE4B.jpeg

9ED89976-EC72-40DC-9245-4C575222E44B.jpeg

My experience with the film goes back close to two years and it did not go great.  With some replacements eventually the customer accepted the work, (an obscuring film on the outside of the glass helped covering up some of the Casper problems) but the way it looked, if it were any other film I'd have torn down and redone.

Some people seem to have kinda, sorta figured it out.  Foxy had some posts about it.  I have seen some installations in the field by others which looked not too bad.  Pics from Midtown Houston look good.

Two things we did I found out later were not good to do with Casper.

Normally will mist the liner before removing it to cut down static electricity and stop dust from being attracted to film when removing the liner -  this is not good to do with Casper.

Sometimes after first placing film on glass will lightly bump film into alignment - this is not good to do with Casper.

Good luck

Guest No really its Fox Hat

Pay attention to the film being Triacetate which absorbs water. Will cause issues if you are not wearing your patient panties.

That shop with the now missing YT  vid used the squeegee on a liner trick to reduce scratching .

I just don't understand why its manufacturer has not caught on to laminating a proper clear workable layer so an installer doesn't have to play games.

Well I got the job done,this was the least favorite job I have Ever done to say the least. Now they want 10 more installed. the first job was 34.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             What I have found installing this film is that the amount of slip that they recommended will not work on all types of glass, as you all know film will react differently on different glass, as far as sticking faster. I ended up using more slip on this glass, it was 1/2" then laminate and then 1/4" because the rooms were conference rooms so I imagine the glass used was for noise cancellation. I also used some llumar cdf film slightly larger than the film installed for an overlay so not to scratch the non hard coat Casper film while installing, this film scratches by almost just looking at it,if a hard coat was used on this film it would not work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        As far as pre-cutting this film,I cut all of the film on a glass table and made several passes with a new olfa blade with very little pressure till i cut through the film to get a decent edge. rolled the film up with the liner side out with a min 3" diameter.  Sure wish I could post some pics of the job, however when i try and post pics on here it says the file is too large.                                                                                                                                         

10 hours ago, MikeMN said:

Well I got the job done,this was the least favorite job I have Ever done to say the least. Now they want 10 more installed. the first job was 34.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             What I have found installing this film is that the amount of slip that they recommended will not work on all types of glass, as you all know film will react differently on different glass, as far as sticking faster. I ended up using more slip on this glass, it was 1/2" then laminate and then 1/4" because the rooms were conference rooms so I imagine the glass used was for noise cancellation. I also used some llumar cdf film slightly larger than the film installed for an overlay so not to scratch the non hard coat Casper film while installing, this film scratches by almost just looking at it,if a hard coat was used on this film it would not work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        As far as pre-cutting this film,I cut all of the film on a glass table and made several passes with a new olfa blade with very little pressure till i cut through the film to get a decent edge. rolled the film up with the liner side out with a min 3" diameter.  Sure wish I could post some pics of the job, however when i try and post pics on here it says the file is too large.                                                                                                                                         

we have installed that film a few times. ...Wont do it anymore, its just not worth the time and aggrivation

20 hours ago, MikeMN said:

You are a brave man.....I been approve for another floor to do dual cloud 4-6k sq ft and they want to also add this to 4 more office on the other floor.  I told my partner we not bidding or doing this film no more.  He still want to give it a shot and I shot it down.  I rather lose this 100k job then to do it again and make very little profit due to casper film.  

Long story short....They accepted the bid for the dual cloud without the casper.....Some lucky soul got the casper job.  I wish whom ever it is good luck!!!! Everyone have been warn to stay away from this film!!!

10 hours ago, TomTint said:

we have installed that film a few times. ...Wont do it anymore, its just not worth the time and aggrivation

This film will turn a 20-30 year skill installer into an amateur.....I seen a 65 year old man that been doing this for over 40 years shake scare when it didn't work out....