tintwiz.com
Patterns.3M
Xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Apex Tint

French Doors

Hi everyone,

I have a few sets of these french doors with single panes to knock out this weekend.  I'm not looking forward to it.  Any tips?

I sold ceramic for this job which i'm now regretting, due to how thick and difficult it is to work with.  

Any tips/tricks would be much appreciated.  

Thanks!

IMG_5996.jpg

For those - they don't look super small... which is a good thing. In any event... depending on the size of the job, I try and pre-cut them. I'll do a rough cut from the roll... and then use my table to cut at least two of the sides of each square using a t-square I got from home depot. That gives me at least two straight edges - sometimes three if I can work it out with the factory edge from the roll. 

Other then that... they suck. :lol 

Biggest thing, IMO, is taking super exact measurements for cutting. I don't base my charge on sizes for those - but I need the *exact* size so if I do pre-cut them, I pre-cut them exactly as I need. 

Thanks Roach!  Very helpful advice.

I made a huge mistake when I bidded the job and didn't get exact measurements.  I just know that I need *roughly* a 12x12 pattern for each pane.

I'm attempting to pre cut everything, but it's not going well.   I have a 36" roll with a box slitter set up at 12" and 24", giving me three 12" cuts.  I have yet to get a good straight edge from my middle piece.  

I think I will pick up a cutting mat of some sort and a good T-Square - thanks for the tip.

I've done a few of these before and I found it impossible to get perfect cuts... I'm assuming a few imperfections are to be expected?  

1 hour ago, Apex Tint said:

I think I will pick up a cutting mat of some sort and a good T-Square - thanks for the tip.

Thats what I would do... even w/o exact measurements, that should give you at least two straight edges to use. Better then none. 

:thumb

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this