Tesla mode 3 back window size

11 hours ago, Whyme said:

So I heard the new 2020 Tesla model 3 has a smaller back glass now ! I haven’t actually seen it though ! Is this true ? And what size is it now ? 

Based on online photos, it is the same as previous years.  It has only been out a couple of years, so doubt they would make a huge change so soon.  You are probably hearing about the Tesla Model Y which is a small crossover that looks similar to the 3.  The Y looks like the rear window is normal.

Edited by DynamicATL

Actually another window tinter Said the back window is smaller on some of the Tesla 3’s now ! I just don’t know which ones ! Hmmmmm I’m going to have to do some research 

started doing the whole back window in 1 piece for people williing to pay . I thought there would be cracking problem with it being 15% ceramic ,double pane,it has a factory tint and glass is horizontal to sun . Any one heard of problems with rear glass cracking ??

13 minutes ago, watchdaride said:

started doing the whole back window in 1 piece for people williing to pay . I thought there would be cracking problem with it being 15% ceramic ,double pane,it has a factory tint and glass is horizontal to sun . Any one heard of problems with rear glass cracking ??

Happens with or without window tint, cracks from the body flex.  It is covered under warranty by Tesla.

Guest Mode 3 backglass

Just recently...the last 10 or so Model 3 ...the defroster line are thicker and been leaving peanut. We wet sand it with 2000 grit as we do our charger and it scratches the backglass. Very hard to see but it did. So now we use steel wool and it work. 

Don’t you love those peanuts on the dodge chargers ! Hey let’s make some crappy defroster lines that have bumps on them ! The old Lexus LS had them too ! Or how on brand new cars if you have to redo the back window the shine on the defroster lines goes away ! It’s like China made them !