Jump to content

Starter Film Cutter


Recommended Posts

Plotters are sort of like having a child...you either have one and all the costs associated with it or you don't. If you could get one cheaper, then everybody would do it. If you try to find the cheapest just to get by then you will only turn around and have to buy an expensive mainstream one later when the cheap one doesn't work...in other words wait till you can afford to break the bank. Pay the price and get a graphtec, roland, vinyl express, or jaguar and you will never regret it. Check Craigslist and places like that. 

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Plotters are sort of like having a child...you either have one and all the costs associated with it or you don't. If you could get one cheaper, then everybody would do it. If you try to find the cheapest just to get by then you will only turn around and have to buy an expensive mainstream one later when the cheap one doesn't work...in other words wait till you can afford to break the bank. Pay the price and get a graphtec, roland, vinyl express, or jaguar and you will never regret it. Check Craigslist and places like that. 

 

Maybe the real question is. Out of those which is the most cost efficient? 

Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Ryker said:

You know the plotter is only part of it? The programs cosy monthly and aren't really cheap. Unless you do A LOT and have someone to run the cutter you won't really save time IMO.

Yep, software will run you $120-$150 a month. Any of those I listed will be efficient..I use vinyl express q series which is a plain label graphtec FC 8600. Rolands and Jaguars are good. Those three brands are like Chevy, Ford, Dodge...all of them have their fan base. Llumar encourages graphtec and carries parts for them so it works out well for me to have one. Your situation may vary. 

Link to comment

What software are good

8 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

Yep, software will run you $120-$150 a month. Any of those I listed will be efficient..I use vinyl express q series which is a plain label graphtec FC 8600. Rolands and Jaguars are good. Those three brands are like Chevy, Ford, Dodge...all of them have their fan base. Llumar encourages graphtec and carries parts for them so it works out well for me to have one. Your situation may vary. 

 

9 hours ago, Ryker said:

You know the plotter is only part of it? The programs cosy monthly and aren't really cheap. Unless you do A LOT and have someone to run the cutter you won't really save time IMO.

 

out there? I only now about Tint tek!?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...