Bubbles/contaminants in tint for Infiniti Q50 - acceptable or no?

Guest Infinitiq50tint

Guest Infinitiq50tint

I’ve recently got my car tinted at a place with really good reviews. Was very surprised when I got my car back that there were all kinds of bubbles in the tint. I took it back and they agreed to re-do the whole car but I got it back and there’s still bubbles in very similar places...

Now I am bringing it back again and being told that the window seal is so tight that it’s too hard to get into the corners and get all the dust out etc. and it’s probably impossible to get it perfect just because of the way the car is. I’m starting to feel like I’m being fed a line here and they are just trying to get out of having to do it right.

I don’t want to be “that” guy obsessing over minor details but I don’t feel that tint should have any bubbles whatsoever. I’ve had a number of cars tinted previously and never had a single bubble present. Would appreciate opinions/advice.

pics (hard to get good pics with the glass reflection but those are the worst spots - there’s still more small individual bubbles I couldn’t get to show up): https://imgur.com/a/BeDhrTp

When you get it tinted, there will always be water bubbles which will look more dark grey and harder to see.  What you have there is just a bunch of dirt/debris in the window film.  The person is just an amateur...I would request a removal/refund and try a different shop.  A lot of shops buy reviews through discounts or free upgrades, so even though reviews are a great way to look for a shop, it is not full proof.

Guest Infinitiq50tint

Thanks for the opinions guys -- believe it or not I actually paid a premium to go to this place because they were so well reviewed (just about $250). I was trying to avoid a situation like this by not cheaping out but get screwed over anyways.

Guest Infinitiq50tint

No I did not ask for that lol...I was told that was a legal necessity though and that my car would not pass inspection without it. Not sure why there is so much overhang though

8 hours ago, Guest Infinitiq50tint said:

No I did not ask for that lol...I was told that was a legal necessity though and that my car would not pass inspection without it. Not sure why there is so much overhang though

This is true in some states that have annual safety inspections. Utah was one of them. You would 100% fail with the brake light covered.Now they got rid of safety inspections so we cover them now. Oh ya, that tint job looks no bueno.

Edited by Jake