Hey every one lately we’ve been having an issue with windshield tint getting scratched before install while shrinking the windshield. I.E. 2019 f250 with 350 mile windshield is power washed, soaped and washed off then wiped down and squeegeed. There is a scratch on the inside of tint once installed even when we didn’t squeegee vertically installing it. 

any help would be appreciated! Johnson marathon and IR film

Edited by Shaed881

No clue without pics :dunno what do you shrink with glove/card etc? And what do you squeegee with? I had to try several tools out before settling on a flat out blade. Blue max and orange crush were my first choices then clear crush was asshole proof but wasn’t moving enough water for me.

2 hours ago, no ma'am said:

No clue without pics :dunno what do you shrink with glove/card etc? And what do you squeegee with? I had to try several tools out before settling on a flat out blade. Blue max and orange crush were my first choices then clear crush was asshole proof but wasn’t moving enough water for me.

It was hairline enough the camera wouldn’t pick it up, I shrink with a glove or wet edge felt squeegee

But while installing I didn’t squeegeeing vertically where the scratch was at or any where on the windshield. I’m using orange crush squeegee what did you end up settling on 

I believe I was having a similar problem a while ago. I was shrinking my film with a worn out silver smart card and it was scratching deep on the release liner leaving scratch imprints in the glue. This could be what you are seeing. Just my two cents 

I had this problem today actually ! I caught a piece of sand on my squeegee on the inside of the windshield while pushing out water ! Right down the middle !🤬😡🤬 ! Always have to wipe the blade down after and before every push on the inside ! I shape the outside dry shrink with a glove ! No scratches that way ! 

Edited by Whyme