Starting up PPF business

I am new here and am desperately looking for advice or recommendations. I just started up my own PPF business. I got certified by Xpel last year and have worked in this industry for many years at the dealership. Now, everything is done, I have the shop, EIN, insurance, etc. I just need customers. I cannot seem to get the dealerships to come around to utilizing PPF. They come up with excuses like  it's not in demand or it's too complicated to go through the corporation, etc. Anyone else have this problem at the beginning of your startup? What am I doing wrong? I am slowly starting to think I've made a mistake. I love this work and really want to make something of it. 

On 1/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, FNL said:

I am new here and am desperately looking for advice or recommendations. I just started up my own PPF business. I got certified by Xpel last year and have worked in this industry for many years at the dealership. Now, everything is done, I have the shop, EIN, insurance, etc. I just need customers. I cannot seem to get the dealerships to come around to utilizing PPF. They come up with excuses like  it's not in demand or it's too complicated to go through the corporation, etc. Anyone else have this problem at the beginning of your startup? What am I doing wrong? I am slowly starting to think I've made a mistake. I love this work and really want to make something of it. 

A lot of it comes down to packages, pricing and talk track.  WHere are you locvated?  Maybe I can get your rep to assist.

Good luck getting dealerships to spend high dollar on something they don't believe in.  Best way to get your foot in their door is with a "wear and tear" package of door cups/edges and luggage protection for around $100.  See if they will let you do one for the showroom floor on consignment so it virtually costs the dealership nothing at that point. 

One big key is to get a meeting with F/I or general sales mgr.  Insist on there being at least two managers at the meeting.  This is important because you will be pitting them against each other in your "closing".  State your points on why its a great money maker for them.  I know of dealerships that easily clear $20,000 in a slow month so its a proven fact.  Carefully craft any questions you ask them so you get a "YES" for an answer.   You want them to get in the habit of saying yes.  

Now, tell them their dealership could certainly do $10,000 a month, look both of them in the eyes and say  "Which one of you doesn't want to show your boss you made them an extra $120,000 this year?", then remain silent because the next person that speaks loses.   They can't say no to that or they will look like a weakling in the eyes of the other manager.

My shop is located in Athens, GA. I have worked in the Atlanta area and noted that it is big there so I wanted to bring the service to the Athens side of the state since there are no PPF shops around here. Albert316, I have advertised and targeted customers at the beginning but have not seen much movement there. I am going to follow up with the dealerships again today and have modified my talk track. Thanks for the info Speed and Jeff. I have taken those into consideration. I will let you guys know how it went. 

FNL I know this is an old post but I'm curious to seeing if things have changed and you were able to build up some client business. My partner and I are kind of in the opposite scenario. We are looking to start a PPF business and we already have dealerships that have committed business but we are still looking to get set up and trained. Maybe we can talk if you're still in the business and help each other.