Jump to content

Ways to increase residential leads


Recommended Posts

I've had my commercial and residential business open for six months now. Well... I guess I would only call it commercial since I haven't gotten one resi job.

 

I've handed out flyers and put them in neighborhoods around my local area over the last several months. I've even went door to door to about 10 houses even though I hate the idea of it. Haven't gotten a single call for a resi job yet.

 

Any tips on improving my success?

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

I've had my commercial and residential business open for six months now. Well... I guess I would only call it commercial since I haven't gotten one resi job.

 

I've handed out flyers and put them in neighborhoods around my local area over the last several months. I've even went door to door to about 10 houses even though I hate the idea of it. Haven't gotten a single call for a resi job yet.

 

Any tips on improving my success?

 

 

  I don't know your location or demographics...But by and large ..poor people don't tint their house windows. So if you are going door to door in the typical suburban development... your success ratio will likely be very low. Now the counter to that is if you go door to door in high rent districts...you are likely to get the boys in blue asking you to leave or be charged with trespassing. 

 If you really want to focus your efforts on resi.... ( which I wouldn't do ) ... look for the nicest areas in your territory, find out if they have a local group FB page or. local monthly news flyer. Maybe look for a local chamber of commerce meeting or a local business to business focus group ( these groups usually meet weekly at designated places and times ) 

Link to comment

I've done door-2-door several times, and have had fairly good success with it. All depends on when you go, and how to you approach people, imo. Like Tom - not sure where you are... here, resi tinting isn't unheard of. A lot of $400k+ neighborhoods are nothing but huge homes, tons of windows, and no trees. They are very much away of the damage sun can do and the solar hear gain.

 

Other avenue is to talk to decorators. Again, you might have to educate them... explain how the sun fades stuff which causes homeowners to have to replace, refinished, etc. items. ie $$$$$ While film doesn't prevent that, it allows stuff to last longer. 

 

 

Link to comment

I'm located in Charlottesville, VA. Sort of new here as I just moved up from Georgia a few months ago. I'm still learning the market but there are tons of $500k+ neighborhoods especially on the mountainsides up here. From what I've seen and experienced, it seems as though people are uneducated or too good to be bothered by my work.

 

It's funny though, because 90% of commercial jobs I've done have been completely wow'd after I apply the first piece! I need to find a way into the resi to where just a few people with give me a shot. After that the film can do the rest of the talking

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

I'm located in Charlottesville, VA. Sort of new here as I just moved up from Georgia a few months ago. I'm still learning the market but there are tons of $500k+ neighborhoods especially on the mountainsides up here. From what I've seen and experienced, it seems as though people are uneducated or too good to be bothered by my work.

 

It's funny though, because 90% of commercial jobs I've done have been completely wow'd after I apply the first piece! I need to find a way into the resi to where just a few people with give me a shot. After that the film can do the rest of the talking

Focus your efforts on building your commercial base...Homeowners are a giant time sucking, needy , aggravating pile of grief. They are typically a one ride pony that you never see again. Your commercial customers will call you on a monthly, weekly even daily basis to do work... work that IS going to happen...not a homeowner that wants to "think" about tinting 4 windows after getting 5 bids.... Homeowners suck period. We rarely do onsite measurements for them today, We have them email of txt us pictures..we then give them a general idea as to what it will cost. ..If they don't choke on the price, we schedule a install time and date..bring 2 or 3 options for film and they pick one while we are there. ...1 trip, little to no wasted time. ..and move on. 

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, TomTint said:

Focus your efforts on building your commercial base...Homeowners are a giant time sucking, needy , aggravating pile of grief. They are typically a one ride pony that you never see again. Your commercial customers will call you on a monthly,

 

I could not agree with that more.

 

The only (one of them I guess) reasons I still do resi is you do them.. you get paid. commercial you're waiting to get paid - which is all well and good. But having a good mix, I think, is worth it. Yeah.. once you tint a house (or partial of) you're done. But that instant money could be enough to hold you over.

 

Of course, if you have another contractors where you hey payment in a regular basic, I'm all for that.. but there is a lot to be said to do a job, get paid that day.... and not have to wait 30-46 days until a check arrives.

 

IMO

 

 

Link to comment

Thanks for the insight guys. I've spoken to and gotten on the bidding list for a handful of builders and contractors around here over the last two weeks. Even brought a bunch of coffee to one that's doing some work around my day job. Just have to wait for them to give me the opportunity to show my work.

 

Also, @Roach, I may try out the door-to-door sales again when it starts to warm up. Any tips?

Edited by Sterling
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

 

Also, @Roach, I may try out the door-to-door sales again when it starts to warm up. Any tips?

 

Well ... I hate high pressure sales... It's probably why I don't make as much money as I could. When I've done it... I have a postcard made up.,. One side is just my biz info., Other side has the benifits of having  your windows tinted. . maybe 8 reasons. (im not home atm) I just tell them who I am.. that I'm giving them this postcard... I ask if they are familiar with home window tinting, which if they aren't, I tell them two benifits... Here people seem to be most concerned with solar heat and fading of floors and furniture. Hand them my postcard... And say if you are ever interested to give me a call.

 

I've pretty much gotten a few leads every nite I've gone out, and 1 job from them. I usually go out 530pm-730pm.. more people are home during those times....imo.

 

I've never had anyone slam the door in my face ... But maybe I just don't look like a typical salesman. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...