Whats the better film? lexen vs express

i have been tinting for about a year now still learning as i go for friends and family with express nr classic black and i just ran across the 2Ply carbon window film by lexen for alot cheaper and more for your money and i have heard some good reviews. whats yalls opinion on this lexen film vs the express? image.png.1d007b999ecde6ced95a9bc4750cb705.png

None of this film is coming from amazon. The express film is coming from express and the lexen is coming right from there website. I am not actually sure where to buy great film not being a legit business to become a dealer like llumar, 3m, ect. 

31 minutes ago, jofo said:

None of this film is coming from amazon. The express film is coming from express and the lexen is coming right from there website. I am not actually sure where to buy great film not being a legit business to become a dealer like llumar, 3m, ect. 

I was speaking about Lexen, it is sold all over Amazon.  Express is the only decent film you will be able to purchase without being a business, so I would stick to that if you want something that is going to last.  Some of their lines are the same as Global which is one of the most respected brands in the game.  You won't be able to purchase any of the bigger brands listed since you have to be an actual business and even then doesn't mean they will allow you to be a dealer.  Not too mention all films don't install the same, so even if you get great at Express films doesn't mean you can install harder films like 3M or Huper Optik...there are tinters with 10+ years in the game that can't shrink them.

11 hours ago, jofo said:

thanks for the input man! ill just keep rocking express untill i turn this side job into a real job 

Hello Jofo,

DynamicATL who has been a wonderful and respected contributor to this forum makes a good point. I don't think you can go wrong with sticking with the Classic Black from Express. Not just in the short term either....

It's a hard balance to offer a high quality film to beginners and seasoned professionals alike, however I think the Classic Black offers just that. We all had to start somewhere I guess and I know that I had to learn some hard lessons that could have been avoided if we had access to the social networks available today.

I can recall 'bumping' into other tinters by chance and striking up conversations. "What film do you use?" was one of the first questions asked... You see Jofo there was no medium for tinters then to vent their frustrations on issues and failures that one would experience with today's options... Heck... The president of the USA tweets his thoughts on the run.

My point? For me to find out if a product I was installing was going to have issues it was a matter of running into other tinters that were experiencing issues themselves. Many of those issues have certainly be confirmed since, but these days major failures can be shared virtually in an instant.

The thing that Express window films has is experience. They have been around since 1980. Their president Howard Paritsky knows a thing or two about window film. He has to endure the hard lessons regarding what window films are best to distribute and what is best to avoid. It's the knowledge that Express has accumulated over the past 4 decades that has been so valuable. They could go for the products that are supplied by the guy that comes over for a BBQ every Sunday or the folks that seem super nice to deal with. It's tempting for sure... However those hard lessons have been the best lessons learnt in understanding that when things go bad, nobody wants to back up their promises.

You mentioned you use the Classic Black range. Here's some interesting information that very few people may know.... 

The custom specific Classic Black formulated polyester first ran of the production lines almost a decade ago, since that time there has been 33,000,000.00 sqft of this true color stable premium film distributed to all parts of the Globe.

That equates to around 1 million vehicles professionally fitted with this film. The most amazing part of these statistics is that there has not been a single longitudinal failure reported to this very day!

Hopefully this information helps in understanding why choosing a distributor that has such vast experience helps when choosing the right products. I think in time you will begin to understand that consumers are not looking for a cheap option, but more a reliable service.

Have you a great weekend.

Michael.

Edited by Glass Tinting Supplies