New Super Nano Ceramic IR film from SolarFX

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that after a long while in the labs we have finally released our FX Plus Nano Ceramic Super IR film. This film is not a Korean or Chinese Carbon/Ceramic film. This film is based off of our ever popular FXtreme2 series of film with much higher performance. The FX Plus has 96+% IR rejection on every VLT that we make unlike many that vary from VLT to VLT. This is the highest performing Nano Ceramic IR film in the industry. You want IR performance, we got it. You want heat rejection, we got it. Call us at 800-825-3746 to speak to a rep about this new exciting product. Currently available in 5%, 15%, 30%, 50%. 20% and 35% are just a few weeks out. Followed by the 43% and 65%.

2019_FXPlus_Spec_Sheet.jpg.cbba16f189cd3425a139d31e0308d884.jpg

Edited by whitehog

I just had a customer ask for FX Plus for the first time and realized I still don't know what the IR performance is over the entire IR Range (the only place it matters).  I offered him FX Extreme 2 on the fronts and SolarFX HFX 5% on the back windows under privacy glass because I don't have any way to justify the cost bump.

Can anyone make a credible claim that FX Plus will perform noticeably better than the HP film with 61% TSER under factory privacy glass?

I'm just thinking that using industry standard measuring techniques no film has ever achieved 96% IR rejection. 3M tried, but they had to resort to changing the angle at which heat source struck the glass. Once you change the angle, even clear glass would hit 96% IR rejection! No response from (my) distributor means it is likely taken at some narrow portion of the IR or we'd be privy to the testing method and nanometer range where this extraordinary number was observed. Must be trade secret and proprietary.😉 Howard at Express has told us how they measures film performance !

Recall the instance where a manufacture came to the Thunder Dome and tried to tell us veteran tinters that they had "bullet-proof film". As soon as someone offered to help the CEO test it with a 44 magnum he went poof and never posted again. SolarFx is great film, lets sell it on the merits. I've using it five years and no failures.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Sisqouc said:

I'm just thinking that using industry standard measuring techniques no film has ever achieved 96% IR rejection. 3M tried, but they had to resort to changing the angle at which heat source struck the glass. Once you change the angle, even clear glass would hit 96% IR rejection! No response from (my) distributor means it is likely taken at some narrow portion of the IR or we'd be privy to the testing method and nanometer range where this extraordinary number was observed. Must be trade secret and proprietary.😉 Howard at Express has told us how they measures film performance !

Recall the instance where a manufacture came to the Thunder Dome and tried to tell us veteran tinters that they had "bullet-proof film". As soon as someone offered to help the CEO test it with a 44 magnum he went poof and never posted again. SolarFx is great film, lets sell it on the merits. I've using it five years and no failures.

I have to ask why you keep mentioning the IR rejection as to the film? I would like to know is all....

they have a quality product. I don’t believe IR measures has anything to do with the installation of a quality. Please advise me...

unless you are trying to use InfraRed heat rejection as an up sell to a film line...

if that is the case, you are wasting your time. 
InfraRed has nothing to do when installing a film to a glass.

we are all here to educate each other and gain knowledge and work on our experience. 
InfaRed doesn’t pass through glass, so why bust your brain?

TSER is your basis for the different grade of film. If you are looking for a material that reflects as apposed to absorb, your best bet is metalized HP films. 

I agree TSER and other industry recognized measurements are best measurements of overall performance, not IR. It is my customers that call me, after talking to some other shops, asking about the IR. Today a customer said I want the Llumar IRX film that will make my interior 89% cooler! His INTERIOR will be cooler by 89%. WOW. Well that is a horse of another color! He felt he was cognoscenti and anything other than the film he'd already been told about just wouldn't do, even though I tinted the owner of the company he works for Ferrari last month. Because I wouldn't match his enthusiasm for Big Brand Cermic films, he thought I must be a dinosaur. I have three weeks of appointments scheduled for SolarFx HFX (Metalized HP film) installs thankfully.

Edited by Sisqouc

58 minutes ago, Sisqouc said:

I agree TSER and other industry recognized measurements are best measurements of overall performance, not IR. It is my customers that call me, after talking to some other shops, asking about the IR. Today a customer said I want the Llumar IRX film that will make my interior 89% cooler! His INTERIOR will be cooler by 89%. WOW. Well that is a horse of another color! He felt he was cognoscenti and anything other than the film he'd already been told about just wouldn't do, even though I tinted the owner of the company he works for Ferrari last month. Because I wouldn't match his enthusiasm for Big Brand Cermic films, he thought I must be a dinosaur. I have three weeks of appointments scheduled for SolarFx HFX (Metalized HP film) installs thankfully.

It is pretty simple, IR is the heat that you feel more of since it penetrates deeper into the skin. So a customer will feel more of a difference with a high IR film both on the heat lamp and the vehicle. So ideally you want a film with a good TSER along with a high IR rejection. I've ran standard dyed, HP, basic Ceramic, and high IR Ceramic films on my vehicles and I feel cooler with the higher IR films. We dropped the HP option years ago and would never offer it again since there is no value to the customer. I can see HP films fading away in the future as old school tinters retire. In the end, install the film you feel comfortable with no matter the type. Just know that you will be losing some potential customers to the competition since these type of films are in high demand. Being booked up for 3 weeks is great, but being booked up for 3 weeks while charging double your current HP price is much better.