Suntek PPF-C vs Suntek Ultra. Going with Ceramic Pro 9H

Hello, just wanted to see what you thought the pros and cons of going with Suntek Ultra over the regular PPF are especially considering I will be getting Ceramic Pro 9H coating and light coat over the whole car?  Is the only difference between the Suntek films the hydrophobic properties and length of warranty or is clarity and durability different? If so, isn’t the hydrophobic difference a moot point if you also get ceramic coating?  The cost is about 15% extra for the ultra.

2 hours ago, G0dbless said:

Hello, just wanted to see what you thought the pros and cons of going with Suntek Ultra over the regular PPF are especially considering I will be getting Ceramic Pro 9H coating and light coat over the whole car?  Is the only difference between the Suntek films the hydrophobic properties and length of warranty or is clarity and durability different? If so, isn’t the hydrophobic difference a moot point if you also get ceramic coating?  The cost is about 15% extra for the ultra.

It is the exact same film, just a hydrophobic or "HydroResist" top coat has been added.  So basically the same as getting the Ceramic coating.

12 minutes ago, G0dbless said:

^two contradicting posts, confused.  One says ultra is basically the same as getting ceramic coating which means just go with the regular PPF while the other says get Ultra.

I didn't say go with one over the other, just that Ultra is the regular film with an added top coat...there is nothing different between the two films otherwise.  The top coat is to keep it weather resistant to ensure it lasts longer which is what the Ceramic coating would also do.  Suntek Ultra has a 10 year warranty on it while the regular option is 5 years.  So the real question is will the Ceramic coating come with a 10 year warranty?  If it does, then go with the basic to save money.  If it doesn't, go with the Ultra to getting double the warranty with only a 15% increase in price.  So my post is based purely on the facts/specs versus a personal opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't do either on my cars.

6 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

I didn't say go with one over the other, just that Ultra is the regular film with an added top coat...there is nothing different between the two films otherwise.  The top coat is to keep it weather resistant to ensure it lasts longer which is what the Ceramic coating would also do.  Suntek Ultra has a 10 year warranty on it while the regular option is 5 years.  So the real question is will the Ceramic coating come with a 10 year warranty?  If it does, then go with the basic to save money.  If it doesn't, go with the Ultra to getting double the warranty with only a 15% increase in price.  So my post is based purely on the facts/specs versus a personal opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't do either on my cars.

Thanks for your input, it is always very helpful since I’ve been reading a bunch on these forums lately.  

Curious why you wouldn’t do either on your car and what you would choose instead?  My problem is the few shops around me that carry Xpel everything charges a ton, and the other shop that carries Xpel and 3M ppf lost their ceramic tech and I’d like to get both ppf and ceramic coating done at the same time since you get the paint correction (my car is 2018 with 11k miles) before the clear bra goes on.

8 hours ago, G0dbless said:

Curious why you wouldn’t do either on your car and what you would choose instead?

Nothing wrong with the film especially from an installers POV since it is the easiest to install...I just don't think it is the best.  I would do XPEL since it has the best proven track record especially for the 10 year warranty.  Suntek Ultra in that form hasn't been out 10 years yet, so we will have to see if it will last that long.  Once again, that is on my personal cars...I would have no problem offering it to customers since it is a good film.  In my case it would be the Llumar Platinum since I'm a Llumar dealer, that is reboxed Suntek Ultra.

Anyone that leaves any film on for ten years is asking for trouble IMO.  I recommend replacing it after about five, after that amount of time is get progressively more difficult to remove without having to scrap it off.  Why manufacturers want to warranty their film beyond five years is a mystery to me  Why should this product have a longer warranty than the car its applied to????  Because everyone else does?  I only offer a two year warranty and after twenty years, it has never cost me a deal.

SunTek, in my opinion, is by far easier to work with compared to Xpel. I have never worked with 3M PPF so I can’t comment on that. I’ve done several vehicles with both Xpel and Suntek and both are quality films. You should definitely save a few bucks going with SunTek but then again this can vary from shop to shop. As for the warranty, I feel a big part is where and how the vehicle is stored. PPF baking in the Arizona sun is sure to fail before a garage kept vehicle in a climate controlled environment.