Suntek PPF-C vs Suntek Ultra. Going with Ceramic Pro 9H

On 2/9/2020 at 4:33 PM, G0dbless said:

Slightly off topic, but is the Xpel ultimate plus still not as clear and not as glossy as the suntek ultra, or did they fix that now?  How do they compare?

It's much better but not quite as good as suntek.  You'd have to see them side by side to really know the difference though.  

If sutek clarity is a 10 I'd say the Xpel is a good 8.5-9. 

As for the film brand I really recommend the new one Dutch F-performance. It doesn’t burnout so it’s the best suitable way for the white cars. What about the precuts or customizing - When you put on the Ppf using the precuts, the film isn’t wrapped well under the edge of the car’s parts. But when customizing is used, the film is wrapped under the edge of the parts. What’s why the film is completely invisible on the car and there is no risk to be unwrapped.

On 8/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, JonathanCunningham said:

As for the film brand I really recommend the new one Dutch F-performance. It doesn’t burnout so it’s the best suitable way for the white cars. What about the precuts or customizing - When you put on the Ppf using the precuts, the film isn’t wrapped well under the edge of the car’s parts. But when customizing is used, the film is wrapped under the edge of the parts. What’s why the film is completely invisible on the car and there is no risk to be unwrapped.

Precuts do offer wrapped edges and there is no risk to cut the paint.  Recommending new film is always a risk, especially on a white car.  Have you ever met a film rep yet who wasn't selling the best on the planet?   

On 8/10/2020 at 10:19 AM, Speed said:

Precuts do offer wrapped edges and there is no risk to cut the paint.  Recommending new film is always a risk, especially on a white car.  Have you ever met a film rep yet who wasn't selling the best on the planet?   

Sorry, but I have to disagree that precut kits create a 'no risk to cutting the paint'.  Because sooner or later, that pre-cut kit isn't going to line up quite right.  Sometimes.. Not even daily, it is going to need to be trimmed by the installer.  IF (this is the important part, this IF) the installer does not have very good knife skills, then it's far more likely he WILL cut into the paint because he does not practice using the knife day in and day out.

Bulk installers ALSO can get into the paint.  I'm not saying they can't just that you can't say the opposite is true with pre-cut kits.

On the other hand, I've installed and trimmed out a number of bumpers, mirrors, etc, etc where you might find a hunk of schmegle after the installation is finished.  It's in a spot where I simply could not sneek under the film to remove the contamination, so off came the whole bumper installation (Mirrors are more likely to take 2 installs as I try to cover as much as possible for a 'seamless' look).  I look carefully at all my cuts areas to check if there are any paint cuts just to be sure I haven't lost 'the touch'.

I agree with Norm, there's no guarentee you won't have to use a knife on the car with a pre cut kit.  I wouldn't try a new film to be honest, just cause it looks good for a month doesn't mean it will stay that way for the next 3-5 years.  Use a brand that is tried and true.