Interested in Starting Flat Glass

8 hours ago, SST said:

What products have curling issues?

Just auto?

Just adding my $0.02...  His comment probably was just for flat glass films.

I've had some films by different manus curl. But, that's also been in connection with if sun is hitting the windows at the time of install or not, what soap I use, if I've added X100 or the like, etc.  Over the years films have gotten better, but I've still had curling issues within the past 3 years. I just try to remember what films potentially have that issue and try to mitigate any problems while I'm installing it. 

On 2/18/2021 at 1:32 AM, Roach said:

Just adding my $0.02...  His comment probably was just for flat glass films.

I've had some films by different manus curl. But, that's also been in connection with if sun is hitting the windows at the time of install or not, what soap I use, if I've added X100 or the like, etc.  Over the years films have gotten better, but I've still had curling issues within the past 3 years. I just try to remember what films potentially have that issue and try to mitigate any problems while I'm installing it. 

Correct... LLumar DR and Neutral series films have given me the most issues with curling. I have moved on to more premium films since then. Also helps when pre-cutting thicker film to roll loosely with liner side in.

Maybe someone could start a flat glass tips and tricks thread if there isn't already one.