Who here has had issues with Suntek PPF?

I’m a ten year installer and have used 3M, XPEL, STEK and have been using Suntek exclusively for the past five years. 

The first 8 months everything was fine, adhesive was great, no blemishes no comebacks. 

Then all of a sudden almost every roll there with issues with blemishes and dead adhesive where it wouldn’t even stick glue side to glue side. 

This went on for months until it was escalated to the North American sales manager. To fix the problem I was told it would be noted in my account that I was to receive rolls with the highest master roll number and that it would go through a secondary quality inspection. Wether this is just BS or not I don’t know, but for the next six months the film was perfect again. 

Now six months later the same issues pop back up and I’m exchanging 50% of the rolls I ordered, so I remind the salesperson when I order about the notes in my account and the film goes back to normal again. 

Now here we are again same issues and more lost time and profits which Suntek could care less about. 

Also I’ve been having areas that look like trapped moisture that won’t dry out but feel and behave like trapped moisture as in this pic. This just started a couple of months ago. 

All I get from Suntek is we haven’t heard of these issues and it’s highly unusual. 

I’m at a crossroads here as when Suntek is on point it is amazing, but when it’s not it really sucks. 

Anyone else have similar issues with Suntek they would like to share?

F31C9036-9F0A-4847-BAC2-4E0DA636B684.jpeg

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 3:00 PM, PRatx said:

kind of silvering , looks like premature adhesion , from pressing or stretching

did you try to increase the soap concentration?

On large hoods like this I add extra soap to my slip. The weird thing is it will behave like a pocket of trapped moisture.
I've only noticed this on the 72" rolls

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 8:00 AM, Speed said:

No problems here, I've sent back maybe 2 rolls since they first came out and never had any issue with customer service.

Interesting. Maybe they're sending all of the defective rolls to me?

I order all rolls with cap sheet which did cure the hazy lines I was seeing.

I've sent back over 20 rolls due to dead adhesive or major blemishes. It gets very frustrating especially when jobs are stacked during the busy season.

If you're adding extra soap sometimes those tiny soap bubbles collect and don't like to get out.  I call this champagne because it looks kind of like champagne bubbles.  They are a real pain to deal with, you have to back track some water into it and try to work it out the same way you worked the water in....  

I've used several 72" rolls now and not had any issues.

The issues I commonly find happen in the summer time with large hazy patches and bad core impressions that don't heat out.  I don't use a cap sheet, can't stand it but maybe i need to switch over.

Josh