Window tint near Pittsburgh

'm looking for advice on car tint, I found a local shop that can do it for about $200 depends on what material I want to use (good, better, best). I want to do the whole car, door windows, back windshield, and the front to that little mark.

I live near Pittsburgh and I drive 2017 Nissan Altima, my main concerns are the legality of it and getting my car inspected. Any other advice is definitely welcomed and appreciated!

I'm aware that it's all illegal where I am, but I don't think the cops care. However I do have a heavy foot and drive faster than I should. I want 20% I think, it the darkest I think I can get away with. Anything lighter doesn't seem worth it. omegle discord xender

I read something online saying i might not be able to get my car inspected if my windows are tinted?

I also recently put in channel rain guards on my car, will that damage the tint?

Edited by JorgeDamien

you should be good yo. i dont know how inspections go in Pennsylvania but i know here in bengals country they dont care at all...

20% is by far the most popular shade for window tint... like 90% of cars i tint is in 20% and nobody around here gets in trouble..

Rain guards should not mess with tint at all... assuming it is installed correctly 

WHODEY 

PA tint laws are tricky since they do not specify what a legal shade is, only that the windows have to be clear enough to see inside from the windshield and side windows. So it is completely up to the officer if they want to ticket you. Anything below 50% could be considered too dark to see inside depending on the amount of sunlight that day. However, looking at window tint shops in PA, they tend to agree anything below 70% is illegal. So this is probably the level of percentage they are confident that you will not receive a ticket. So it is completely up to you, just know if you do something like a 20%, be okay with paying a fine possibly more than one. Just to give you an idea, there is NO state that allows 20% on the 2 front doors and most do not allow it on the rear windows with the exception of SUV/Trucks. Now as far as inspection goes, I did not see any mention illegal will make you fail inspection. I would contact an inspection station to clarify this.

According to Title 75 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code Section 4524(e)(1) related to Sunscreening and other materials prohibited it states that No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle. Subsection(2) this subsection does not apply to: (1) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows of the type and specification that were installed by the manufacturer of the vehicle or to any hearse,ambulance,government vehicle or any other vehicle for which a current valid certificate of exemption has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.

PA TINT LAW

PA DOT FACT SHEET

POLICE FORUM

Edited by DynamicATL

On 4/3/2020 at 4:00 AM, JorgeDamien said:

'm looking for advice on car tint, I found a local shop that can do it for about $200 depends on what material I want to use (good, better, best). I want to do the whole car, door windows, back windshield, and the front to that little mark.

I live near Pittsburgh and I drive 2017 Nissan Altima, my main concerns are the legality of it and getting my car inspected. Any other advice is definitely welcomed and appreciated!

I'm aware that it's all illegal where I am, but I don't think the cops care. However I do have a heavy foot and drive faster than I should. I want 20% I think, it the darkest I think I can get away with. Anything lighter doesn't seem worth it. omegle discord xender

I read something online saying i might not be able to get my car inspected if my windows are tinted?

I also recently put in channel rain guards on my car, will that damage the tint?

In PA your car will pass inspection with tint, if you were to get something like 5% tint all the way around the police will pull you over and make you peel it off or tow the car home because you're an idiot, but 20% is ok-ish but i wouldn't do it on the fronts, my most common recommendation is 35% for 2 fronts and 20% on the rest or all 35%, i don't tint windshields, i often refuse dark tint jobs and most of my film is 20% and 35%. If a cop pulls you over with tint turn on your dome light or roll down your windows so he won't have to worry about someone with a gun in the back seat pointing at them that they can't see, that's the difference in getting a ticket or not, and attitude.

NY will fail an inspection with tint.