Vinegar as PPF tack solution

Guest Henry Yu

Any idea if the vinegar will be detrimental to the film over time?  Discoloration, weakening of the adhesive over time, or maybe increasing a desire for pickles...

Also, one of the reasons for ISO, is you can rinse out a pocket of water & no bubbles left behind.  Not sure if vinegar is anti-bubble.  Have to experiment...

Edited by Invisibra Norm

6 hours ago, Invisibra Norm said:

Any idea if the vinegar will be detrimental to the film over time?  Discoloration, weakening of the adhesive over time, or maybe increasing a desire for pickles...

Also, one of the reasons for ISO, is you can rinse out a pocket of water & no bubbles left behind.  Not sure if vinegar is anti-bubble.  Have to experiment...

Norm, I thought you sold and retired?  Missed your input on this forum the last few years. :beer

Guest guest
22 hours ago, alltracpete said:

I pretty sure some OEM port installers have been using vinegar for years.  Anyone that has been doing installs for Toyota at port? 

i work at a dealer and i don't know what they use at the port but it doesn't last nearly as long as what we install. if they are using vinegar i wonder if that's part of the problem.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, alberts316 said:

Norm, I thought you sold and retired?  Missed your input on this forum the last few years. :beer

Haha, well, a 5 year 'retirement' anyways.  I'm building it back up again in North Carolina!  Any new stuff going on?  (I'm gonna have to change my screen name since I sold Invisibra)

On 5/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, Invisibra Norm said:

Haha, well, a 5 year 'retirement' anyways.  I'm building it back up again in North Carolina!  Any new stuff going on?  (I'm gonna have to change my screen name since I sold Invisibra)

I could use some help in NC lol