Am I Neing Ripped Off?

Guest E Knutson

1 minute ago, alltracpete said:

Sounds correct.   So why are there lots of Auto Accessory stores, tint shops, ppf shops, graphics shops all in business and making a profit because customers want all that stuff?  

Thats not for ROI, its for customer satisfaction.  Just like PPF.  Its for customers to keep their car clean and damage free for the time they own it.  Not necessarily for when they trade it in or sell it.  Although when selling it, the new customer will be more pleased with the fact the front end is almost completely chip and scratch free.  I have never told a customer its for a ROI.  The Customer reaches out and asks for a PPF installation because they want it so they can keep their car looking new.   

Has nothing to do with ROI.   Just like you said.  

Car owners want to personalize them... Just like Harley owners...If a car owner wants to put 3K worth of ppt on their car because they don't want to see a chip..well thats their prerogative. It will most likely do that. But rest assured.. at trade time that 3K is not coming back. in all reality they will probably see a 1000, to 1500 hit behind what it would bring without it. 

4 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

I knew were an old grumpy bitch but didn't know you were a racist one.

....What's. Racist about that pic ? ...pretty relevant to what I posted..apparently you are triggered.

So lets ditch the term ROI, because it obviously doesn't apply to ANY automotive add-on.  I would learn more towards "Is it worth it for the customer who is buying the product?"   And that, no matter how much experience you have, you can not quantify.   If you could you would not be arguing ROIs and how people modify their cars.   

Im pretty sure everyone here is in business because they sell and install things that people want to buy.  Not sure how saying PPF is worthless makes any sense.  But I understand your thought process. 

14 hours ago, alltracpete said:

So lets ditch the term ROI, because it obviously doesn't apply to ANY automotive add-on.  I would learn more towards "Is it worth it for the customer who is buying the product?"   And that, no matter how much experience you have, you can not quantify.   If you could you would not be arguing ROIs and how people modify their cars.   

Im pretty sure everyone here is in business because they sell and install things that people want to buy.  Not sure how saying PPF is worthless makes any sense.  But I understand your thought process. 

So to put this in crystal clear perspective, If Joe customer wants to spend 3K. And put PPF on his car because he doesn't want to see a stone chip in his bumper.. and that's the main objective....and the there is no thought that in the future it will pay a dividend of some sort.. than have at it.