Am I Neing Ripped Off?

Guest E Knutson

1 hour ago, TomTint said:

So to put this in crystal clear perspective, If Joe customer wants to spend 3K. And put PPF on his car because he doesn't want to see a stone chip in his bumper.. and that's the main objective....and the there is no thought that in the future it will pay a dividend of some sort.. than have at it. 

okboomer-01.png

51 minutes ago, TomTint said:

Clearly we have a triggered Puertarican in the group. 

Nope, I am white...just not an old racist type of white like you. Also, it is Puerto Rican since your ignorant AF. Also...OK BOOMER.

9992e4593efcb8cf35a7b7e405977798-772103.jpg

Edited by DynamicATL

I'm pretty sure the last time I spend a few thousand on a supercharger for a Mustang, that it wasn't for any type of return on my investment.  Except for the better trap times.  :heh 

Nobody puts upgrades on their car for ROI.  Just my unnecessary two cents.  

On 4/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, Bham said:

I'm pretty sure the last time I spend a few thousand on a supercharger for a Mustang, that it wasn't for any type of return on my investment.  Except for the better trap times.  :heh 

Nobody puts upgrades on their car for ROI.  Just my unnecessary two cents.  

Its actually fairly comical that someone would make that argument and blatantly tell a consumer that. 😂.  And on an industry based forum.  Im still confused as to why. 

I guess it really depends on how you are looking at what could be a "R.O.I" (i.e. Are you actually looking to get money (cash) back at the end, or is actually about personal satisfaction)

People talk about cars being the second most expensive investment other than a house.  While this may be true, if you are looking for return on your investment then you should be looking at whether you're going to get at least HALF your value back when you sell or trade. In other words, did you buy a Tacoma? The number one resale value vehicle on the market.

So people spend money on their vehicles to make themselves feel better about that vehicle.  Not like putting an addition on the house and actually getting that money back when you sell it because it is actually more valuable now.  It doesn't work that way in the automotive world.  Tint, PPF, lift kits, wheels so on and such,, all of this is not to get money back at the end when you sell it.  An individual rarely makes money adding to a vehicle and then selling it.  

Simply put, if you want ROI on a vehicle then you need to buy it brand new and store it putting no more miles on it. Eventually (depending on he car) you can sell it for more money since it will be rare. However, if you buy a vehicle to actually drive it then there is not going to be much ROI. When you add tint/ppf/wheels or whatever, it is not adding value and could be harder to sell down the road. Now if you do a crazy build and have exposure like SEMA or similar than you may be able to sell it for more money than you paid for the vehicle itself. However, will you get back all the money you put into it? Probably not.

I add window tint because I want to block heat and add privacy. I add ppf because I don't want to be driving a new car with paint chips from rocks nor do I want the hassle of repainting it just for it to happen again. Anything else added is simply because I want it no other reason. 

3 hours ago, alltracpete said:

Its actually fairly comical that someone would make that argument and blatantly tell a consumer that. 😂.  And on an industry based forum.  Im still confused as to why. 

This is a discussion forum and someone brought up ROI so no point in lying about it. I have never once been asked if adding any of this type of stuff would increase value or help the vehicle retain value. So the question is why would you tell a customer things like this would add value?!

Edited by DynamicATL