Am I Neing Ripped Off?

Guest E Knutson

Lets suppose you are in the market for a used car and the dealership has two that are just about identical as far as miles and options.  One was protected with PPF and the other wasn't.  Would you be willing to pay more for the car that looked brand new as far as the paint condition over the one that had dozens of rock chips and scratches?  If so, there's a ROI.  Not only that, but most people would assume that if the original owner was willing to pay big money up front for PPF, they probably took better care of the vehicle, got their oil changed and did regular maintenance as scheduled vs the owner that let their car get beat up.

39 minutes ago, Speed said:

Lets suppose you are in the market for a used car and the dealership has two that are just about identical as far as miles and options.  One was protected with PPF and the other wasn't.  Would you be willing to pay more for the car that looked brand new as far as the paint condition over the one that had dozens of rock chips and scratches?  If so, there's a ROI.  Not only that, but most people would assume that if the original owner was willing to pay big money up front for PPF, they probably took better care of the vehicle, got their oil changed and did regular maintenance as scheduled vs the owner that let their car get beat up.

I have a few vehicles.... 11 to be exact and 2 of them are Harleys. One is a Porsche 911 that I bought used. My wife has a Porsche we bought new. I looked for a long time to find the right used 911. Saw plenty of them with PPF and I personally would not buy one with it on the car. Told many dealers that as well. The new Porsche has no PPF on it ...no chips either. To your question would I think someone who paid money for it would take better care of the car,,,,,NO, I think someone who had it may have thought they could drive it like they stole it.

We get it. You don’t believe in PPF.  Thats great.  So dont comment on PPF if you dont have 20 years of experience selling and installing it. No ones going to comment on Flat Glass films if they arent in that segment.  I just dont see how, in any way, it is productive to keep down talking a product that is 1. Popular for new car owners that value the look of their car 2. Is a good product to sell for a shop that want to make a profit.  Now I remember why I got off this forum. 🤦 yall have fun 

Hey @TomTint, I respect and appreciate that you have an opinion, but man, time to move on I think. 

Now people are leaving the forum because of this and that kind of defeats the purpose. 

Plus this isn't the first scrap you've gotten into here lately.

I think you should take a break from here Tom. Thanks for understanding.

4 hours ago, TintDude said:

Hey @TomTint, I respect and appreciate that you have an opinion, but man, time to move on I think. 

Now people are leaving the forum because of this and that kind of defeats the purpose. 

Plus this isn't the first scrap you've gotten into here lately.

I think you should take a break from here Tom. Thanks for understanding.

10/4, im out

On 4/18/2020 at 5:45 AM, TomTint said:

10/4, im out

Excellent!!!

Some folks just have to force their opinion on other folks.  I've never understood this.  Live & Let Live people.  You don't like what someone somewhere else is doing, then it's ok to let people know once and then let it ride.  Unless your neighbor is having block parties every single night and dumping garbage on YOUR lawn, let it go!

Anyways, I'd typically be a bit less than $3k on a full front end, but again if it's a Porsche Macan or maybe Audi R8 with a more than average challenge, then I probably wouldn't be there.  But, again your area could have a lot to do with prices.