Getting a shop to let you tint out of there garage

How did you guys who share shops start that? I don’t know where to begin but I don’t want to continue to do mobile. And have to fight the elements. I want to go into a enclosed environment but I don’t know where to begin and can’t afford my own place.

Edited by Chris2791

On 3/13/2020 at 10:59 PM, Newtinter2020 said:

Its pretty much any car that i do and usally i find them around the middle part of the window. I will be tinting a few cars tomorrow so i will definitely take some pics when i see them tomorrow 

What kind of percentage do you give them?

The percentages will be up to the shop and the installer. If you’re using your own film it will be higher, and if you’re using the shops film then typically it’s a bit lower. 

I subcontract for a few shops and each has a different percentage, although they are somewhat close. The ticket prices vary because of location. I personally love working for myself and subcontracting for a few places. There’s obviously advantages and disadvantages but overall I’ve been enjoying it and would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t mind moving around. 

3 hours ago, jconnors said:

personally i don't give a percentage.  i just give the shop my price and tell them to charge on top of that.  i'm not giving anyone a percentage of my money.

Thought about that but I want a consistent price so I set the price.

I do a 4 tier though. 0% if below 200, 10% 201 to 350, 15% 351 to 600, and 20% 601 and over