lexen tint durability

SolarFX has a low priced Classic series 1 ply that is actually pretty amazing, have it on my truck for over 4 years now and looks clear and no fade, even the top of the glass that gets hidden at the top of the door that never gets rollled down is the same color as the rest of the film. I'm very impressed with it. Downsides are it's not your typical shrink because it's thin but do-able after you get the hang, but if you're willing to use Lexen than you should be totally fine with the classic series it's almost half the price of they're next levei up. I keep it for the people that come in and say they want darker glass cheap lol. I think the Classic is what you're looking for, has a 5 year warranty.

https://solarfxwindowfilms.com/automotive-window-films/#classic

Edited by Tint Slayer

On 5/14/2020 at 11:59 AM, watchdaride said:

Anyone used lexen carbon window tint tint over 3 years . Would it last at least 3 yrs in florida . Looking for a cheap film for cheap ass customers . https://lexenfilm.com/   . I got some from someone and shrinks really well and color looks good . 

I wish more in the industry would see that it's best to avoid the cheapest film and the cheapest customers.

Even if the film were free, your time, experience, and liability are worth more than too many shops are willing to charge.

I like to use the example of tire shops. The giant 20" wheels vehicles are getting stock these days take tires that cost $200 EACH, and relatively little skill to install. Meanwhile, many customers still think that a more than $200 tint job is overpriced even though it takes MUCH more time to learn the craft and even to do the installation. Not to mention the fact that the vehicle probably cost 40+ thousand to begin with.

If nobody did cheap tint jobs, then customers would realize they don't exist anymore. Another problem is that the image of the industry is not that great.Too many window film installers selling themselves short and not selling themselves or the value of the product.

People think, hey, I can get a 55" TV for $300 now, so everything must be cheaper. Why am I paying the same price for window tint that I did 10 years ago?

but if your slow and a teenager  comes in with a  1999 civic  shit box .They arent going to spend $300 on ceramic .  Still dont mind making $150 for 1 hrs work . Or a drug dealer wants his rental tinted for 1 day on the outside . I wont be putting cheap tint on a newer car . 

7 hours ago, hoosierwindowtek said:

I wish more in the industry would see that it's best to avoid the cheapest film and the cheapest customers.

Even if the film were free, your time, experience, and liability are worth more than too many shops are willing to charge.

I like to use the example of tire shops. The giant 20" wheels vehicles are getting stock these days take tires that cost $200 EACH, and relatively little skill to install. Meanwhile, many customers still think that a more than $200 tint job is overpriced even though it takes MUCH more time to learn the craft and even to do the installation. Not to mention the fact that the vehicle probably cost 40+ thousand to begin with.

If nobody did cheap tint jobs, then customers would realize they don't exist anymore. Another problem is that the image of the industry is not that great.Too many window film installers selling themselves short and not selling themselves or the value of the product.

People think, hey, I can get a 55" TV for $300 now, so everything must be cheaper. Why am I paying the same price for window tint that I did 10 years ago?

You my friend have the right mindset, could not agree more