Which of these local offerings is the best quality film?

I am looking to tint my Mazda 3 and I would like some advice on which of these is the best quality film. My main concern is heat rejection and I plan on getting 35% VLT. Local shops are offering:

• $290 Solar Gard ceramic
  • $250 Rayno carbon ceramic
  • $250 AE ceramic
  • $210 Global ceramic

I was originally looking for Llumar CTX or FormulaOne pinnacle/stratos but unfortunately no one local offers it. I have been considering ordering it myself on ebay and tinting the car myself, I did it on a prior vehicle with good results. 

What would you suggest?

9 minutes ago, tinted_m said:

I am looking to tint my Mazda 3 and I would like some advice on which of these is the best quality film. My main concern is heat rejection and I plan on getting 35% VLT. Local shops are offering:

• $290 Solar Gard ceramic
  • $250 Rayno carbon ceramic
  • $250 AE ceramic
  • $210 Global ceramic

I was originally looking for Llumar CTX or FormulaOne pinnacle/stratos but unfortunately no one local offers it. I have been considering ordering it myself on ebay and tinting the car myself, I did it on a prior vehicle with good results. 

What would you suggest?

Just looking at the film options, Global will be the best option...Solar Gard will be the second best. Llumar along with other big brands are not sold online anywhere. The stuff you see on eBay is Chinese/Korean junk films that they are selling as "Llumar"...the only way to get Llumar would be to drive to a dealer. With that being said, remember installation is key. You can select the best film but if the installation is trash, the result is trash.

I suggest looking at the published IR numbers. What most do not understand is that IR from 750 to 2500 nanometers is part of the TSER values. Why? because this near infrared is part of the solar energy.

There is infrared from 2500-5000nm commonly called far infrared and this is more akin to the heat off the pavement or re-radiated heat which as opposed to the solar or a more compressed (shot from a gun)  wavelength has less heat energy but is straight up hard to escape even in the shade.

Further, the glass in the car only transmits 20-40% of the near ir. It has mass and a molecular matrix only some of the wave can corkscrew through. The IR absorbing property percentages are less meaningful as a solar filter as a result, because who gives a shit if you are stopping 99 or 97 or 95% of 40 or even 20% transmission. Functionally they are too close to feel a difference.

However, this is not the case for dropping the standing temp inside a car where only IR is trying to leave the automotive greenhouse and 11heat is reflected back inside by the glass. The glass bonded high ir film is the superior method of holding heat to the glass and thus emitting it to the exterior via high emission glass values and convection as a radiator has such a valued effect.

Edited by Tintcutter
spelling as usual