Anyone use the 'Core' paint protection pattern kits system?

I haven't used the CORE software yet myself, but my understanding is its essentially a new delivery system for their patterns, it is a suntek software. I do recall reading somewhere they were going to go back and update older patterns, however uncertain to how valid that is! I believe it was intended to create more workflow as you can use an app on your phone to locate patterns/quote customers.

If you are checking out new software, definitely take a look at filmwraps! Newer software, Monthly access, quality over quantity patterns. They dont have a full database just yet, but the patterns that are presently in there fit great and are well designed! 

On 5/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, Capital PPF_Norm said:

I believe it is Suntek based, but is it the same thing as they have had in the past, but with a vehicle vin scanner now as the only real diff?

Norm?  Is that you, old friend?   Are you still living down near the equator?

As far as the filmwraps patterns,...I would say most of you aren't good enough to appreciate the detail work that went into designing these shapes and should hope none of your local competition starts using them.  Norm, if I recall correctly, you did mostly bulk installs.  I challenge you to try them, I don't think your customers could tell the difference.

On 6/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, XPEL Jeff said:

Norm?  Is that you, old friend?   Are you still living down near the equator?

Hi Jeff, I had a 5 year 'test' retirement down in Ecuador, but now I'm back in the states putting another paint protection business in the Raleigh, NC area.

Norm

On 6/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, Speed said:

As far as the filmwraps patterns,...I would say most of you aren't good enough to appreciate the detail work that went into designing these shapes and should hope none of your local competition starts using them.  Norm, if I recall correctly, you did mostly bulk installs.  I challenge you to try them, I don't think your customers could tell the difference.

Speed, (Sorry, been a long time, name reminder?)

I don't mind using patterns in the cases where there is 3d lettering on a vehicle which would be difficult to cut around and can't be removed/replaced easily, but yes, I prefer to do a bulk install usually.

Since Xpel's policy is now to NOT sell me any film or be able to use their patterns unless I go Xpel exclusive, I'm going to sample a few other possibilities.  Not sure how long this policy has been in effect?  Apparently having history going back to 2005 doesn't apply here.  I can understand holding the patterns in reserve I guess, but not selling film unless exclusive?

Having a history going back to 2002 doesn't matter either.  Clearing them access to get Audi R8 patterns nine months before the car is released doesn't matter.  Allowing them to use my shop to get the original Porsche Panamera patterns doesn't matter.  Taking a crew of three to Birmingham Rolex Grand Am race and spending three days filming the entire grid for free doesn't matter.  Discovering they literally stole my slogan and asking them to stop instead of taking them to court over trademark infringement doesn't matter.  Opening up a corporate store a half a mile away from my shop and using my DAP history to target my dealership account undercutting my prices by 20% resulting in lost revenue for me doesn't matter.  Reporting dozens of incorrect patterns or mislabeled shapes over 18 years doesn't matter.  Knowing there will never be a warranty claim for a pattern doesn't matter.  Giving up thousands of dollars a month (just from me) to cut patterns that are already costed out so its as close to free money as it gets doesn't even matter.

There are laws that don't matter too.  A company that supplies parts to venders has to make replacement parts available for seven years after that business relationship is ended.  "Tying" the software access to film purchase is illegal (I have a customer that is a  board member legal advisor from a world wide privacy management software company) doesn't matter.

Maybe if we were black Norm, it would matter.

The Core software will be ready soon and the Film Wraps patterns are better than Xpels' ever were.  

Ouch, well such is the way of 'corporate' business.  All about the Me and the Now, forget history and such, right?  Shame really.  I've peeked a pattern or two on the current Truecut and I like that they have numbered the tack points for installation.  Looking forward to how things roll out.

Norm

On 6/10/2020 at 10:58 AM, Speed said:

Having a history going back to 2002 doesn't matter either.  Clearing them access to get Audi R8 patterns nine months before the car is released doesn't matter.  Allowing them to use my shop to get the original Porsche Panamera patterns doesn't matter.  Taking a crew of three to Birmingham Rolex Grand Am race and spending three days filming the entire grid for free doesn't matter.  Discovering they literally stole my slogan and asking them to stop instead of taking them to court over trademark infringement doesn't matter.  Opening up a corporate store a half a mile away from my shop and using my DAP history to target my dealership account undercutting my prices by 20% resulting in lost revenue for me doesn't matter.  Reporting dozens of incorrect patterns or mislabeled shapes over 18 years doesn't matter.  Knowing there will never be a warranty claim for a pattern doesn't matter.  Giving up thousands of dollars a month (just from me) to cut patterns that are already costed out so its as close to free money as it gets doesn't even matter.

There are laws that don't matter too.  A company that supplies parts to venders has to make replacement parts available for seven years after that business relationship is ended.  "Tying" the software access to film purchase is illegal (I have a customer that is a  board member legal advisor from a world wide privacy management software company) doesn't matter.

Maybe if we were black Norm, it would matter.

The Core software will be ready soon and the Film Wraps patterns are better than Xpels' ever were.  

If you were black huh 🤔