How well will it work.

I have a few questions regarding PPF, I just picked up this ATS coupe and I am considering installing PPF, not sure if I will give it a try myself or not. I have used it before and have some in stock but never on a vehicle, so my questions are for the pros on here. What parts of the car should I consider installing it on and how hard is it removing bugs on PPF, I get a lot of them and that is a big concern of mine after installing it.

B603BE01-56EF-45DB-A926-87CDBF315A0A.jpeg

4C45237F-3826-4E41-887A-00C2B1F3FFA7.jpeg

Edited by MikeMN

I'll help Mike! Yes cleaning the bugs off is a bit easier, not tons.  That bumper isn't too bad to do, but it might be a challenge if you don't do ppf often.  If you're interested I will send you a kit for your car in suntek ultra(cost plus shipping).  Maybe Jeff from Xpel could help you out on some product too:dunno.  Let me know and I'd be glad to help!

20 hours ago, DynamicATL said:

I can give some advice but would probably be wrong. 🤣 I do the complete front clip on my vehicles with wrapped edges plus the side mirrors and door cups. I honestly don't see the point in doing partial installs.

Partials cover your primary impact areas at a lower price point than completes. Depends a lot on your customer and the particular vehicle in question, as many years as I've been doing PPF in my area I can still probably count on one hand the number of serious inquiries I've gotten for completes, certainly wouldn't have to take off my shoes. That said there isn't a large portion of the population driving premium vehicles here either. 

@MikeMN I'd do the leading edge of the hood at the bare minimum. If it were mine I'd personally do the hood & fenders, bumper, mirrors and the door edges & handle pockets. Like @alberts316 said it's a fairly easy one to do.

Thanks everyone for taking your time for the advice and also to alberts316 for the offer on the pre-cut kit as well. I do have a question on the ceramic coating, the car has been coated with ceramic on the paint, will that affect the adhesion of the PPF....?, I do like the idea of applying a ceramic coating to the PPF as that makes sense for the easy removal of bugs that I did not think of doing. Should I try and bulk the front bumper as in one piece , I think is the right term from what I have been reading........? ......... I do plan on doing the door edges as well, that I feel the most confident on doing....Lol   

20 minutes ago, highplains said:

Partials cover your primary impact areas at a lower price point than completes. Depends a lot on your customer and the particular vehicle in question, as many years as I've been doing PPF in my area I can still probably count on one hand the number of serious inquiries I've gotten for completes, certainly wouldn't have to take off my shoes. That said there isn't a large portion of the population driving premium vehicles here either. 

Absolutely, not everyone is going to want to pay for a full wrap. I just don't see the point of paying a few hundred dollars to still have a good portion of your front-end exposed from a personal perspective. It is like someone only doing sunblock on their nose but let the rest of their face get burned. I wished I took a photo but we had an Acura MDX in the shop today that had a partial PPF removed on the hood/fenders. Now part of his hood looks brand new while the rest looks extremely faded.

Here in the Raleigh, NC area it seems that the full front end is practically a starting point, with full vehicle wraps being pretty popular.

On a white car, (Or any 'nice' car I own) I'd do at minimum full front end, mirrors, probably rockers.

Then ceramic coat the film for sure for easy bug removal.

Sorry for the late reply... The PPF forum doesn't get a lot of action so I check in every couple of weeks but now that my shop is getting finished and work is ramping up, I'll be on more!

Norm