2020 stingray

florida tinter

pretty easy tint  the doors......but.....rear glass covers engine compartment   customer did not want that tinted but I was wondering if anyone should do it?

the heat from the engine gets the inside of the glass HOT !  not good for film in my opinion.

8 hours ago, florida tinter said:

pretty easy tint  the doors......but.....rear glass covers engine compartment   customer did not want that tinted but I was wondering if anyone should do it?

the heat from the engine gets the inside of the glass HOT !  not good for film in my opinion.

Good question. I wonder is it actually glass or is it a polycarbonate? 

Guest C8 Rear Window Tint

The C8 rear window on the coupe and on the hard top convertible are two entirely different animals.  The convertible rear window is like any other rear - it separates the cabin from the exterior.  It rolls down but can be tinted.

The fixed rear window on the coupe is thick and a layered composition that separates the cabin from the engine noise and heat.  Since a coupe pilot is already looking back thru that glass and the glass that covers the engine, tinting seems detrimental and the heat could cause problems.

Summary: Tint the convertible, not the coupe.