Xpel vs Gobal same company Garware, spec off

On 7/21/2020 at 9:16 PM, civicrice said:

don't sweat it its just tint.  at the end of the day service goes a long way.  anything from lumar, xpel, 3m and global should meet your needs. they are all good films that will last for years! but to answer your original question xpel and global might be made by the same manufacturer but are NOT THE SAME FILM. 

:yeah Ive used both films and can unequivocally say that you should be happy with either of them, both great films and they are definitely not the same film. I've had the global on my pilot for about 5 years and it still looks as good as the day I installed it and performs as good as it looks. I've been installing Xpel for about 2 years now and have had no complaints or issues with the film. None of us can know 100% for sure if Garware is manufacturing the film for Xpel, I've heard the same rumors but they've never been confirmed by anyone who I would be willing to take at their word. Having been able to install and compare them side by side I can definitely say they are not the same film (there is a slight difference in both the top coat and thicknesses) but are both great films that I wouldn't hesitate to use on either my own vehicles or my customers.