2004 z06 Corvette tips

Hey guys never done a corvette with the short back window like this. Any tips or things to looks for, from what I can see I’ll use dotrix/vinyl on the matrix probably. 

I have this vehicle Tuesday morning any help would’ve appreciated. Thank you!

826F4648-C64E-4951-9016-8AF218AC4182.jpeg

Edited by Trent

Cake walk!! Its not too bad.  Sides require a good amount of shrinking, pay attention on the back glass, don't need vinyl on the matrix, go all the way up with the film. First shrink, then cut on all the windows. Once you have the rear installed, push really hard with the hard card on the matrix upwards.  If you see the white on the dots, it helps of you peel the film and heat it up in the matrix area.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, Jerry Hernandez said:

Cake walk!! Its not too bad.  Sides require a good amount of shrinking, pay attention on the back glass, don't need vinyl on the matrix, go all the way up with the film. First shrink, then cut on all the windows. Once you have the rear installed, push really hard with the hard card on the matrix upwards.  If you see the white on the dots, it helps of you peel the film and heat it up in the matrix area.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I was thinking 40/60 tack line just looking at it. Put less up top and more on the bottom 

You can do it with 20in so less waste. Cut pattern tight if not a little short, when in doubt leave a few little fingers on the side you know you can lay down with heat after install. Doors are really the hard part imo. And if you’re a big ol boy you can lay the seats back and straddle the console for install.

7 hours ago, no ma'am said:

You can do it with 20in so less waste. Cut pattern tight if not a little short, when in doubt leave a few little fingers on the side you know you can lay down with heat after install. Doors are really the hard part imo. And if you’re a big ol boy you can lay the seats back and straddle the console for install.

Thanks man. I’m not the biggest boy but that’s my plan 😉

i watched a video of Matt for TintStuff do the regular c5. Same side windows. I watched him cut the bottom edge,  shrink, then cut the other edges.