Olfa Blades

Been having trouble with the Olfa stainless blades scratching glass right out of the box as of late. Does anyone have a border tape solution or something like cut aid that is recommended for use on black border cuts? I would like to make things easier for installs without using a light when you don't have assistance as well. Any options would be great for place to buy a form of border cut tape or or something of the like. Thanks

also on a side note the blades seem to be duller than they used to be and chunk up much easier than in the past.  is anyone else having these issues with Standard Olfa Stainless Steel blades? 

Edited by darrell

100% NOT what they used to be.  I was bitchin just the other day about how they are complete sh!t now.  Honestly they were the best in the late 90's to early 2000s and then someone did something to save money on materials and they have never been the same.

Use a piece of plastic, I use white strapping material, under the blade tip.

I quit using the Olfa blades a long time ago.  I use the NT stainless now. Used the KDS for a long time but they quit making them.

I used to use a plastic razor blade before but I prefer not to use that method. I actually prefer to use like white pin stripe material to mark out the black border and use as a cut buffer however that stuff is getting harder to find. If i could just get a 1/4 roll of white vinyl or tape could be perfect however its not easy to find either. 

Edited by darrell
forgot stuff

NT blades are sharp as Sh!t. I had an unused pack that i got a year ago and had to use it because my olfa ran out. I can double cut with ease and rarely have to go over cuts when doing back  windshields. For some reason though i can't get a crisp cut on the top door edges. they are jagged and feel rough. I use the olfa for the top edge on rolls downs. 

Hey guys I would like to learn more about the type of blades and cutting tools that you guys like best. I currently sell blades to some tool wholesalers and a few tint shops directly. I have noticed 3 - 4 blades that are commonly ordered from the local tint shops, #9 single edge, 13 point blade, #11 hobby blade and 4" scraper blade.

I would like to learn more about which blades that you guys like best and why? I am going to connect with a local tint shop customer that buys blades from us but I think having so many tint guys on this forum will help me better understand what you guys really need.

Once I know which blades are best , I will order some to inspect with our measurement tools to see what makes a good blade for the tint industry.

My goal here is to figure out what blades are best and if it makes sense for us to make a blade that is designed specifically for the tint industry. If we can provide a better blade or even a new cutting tool that makes your life easier. I am up for the challenge if it makes sense to pursue it. I also don't want to reinvent the wheel as some of our blades are used in tint shops, but I feel there is always room for improvement.

Let me know your thoughts and if we ever do run a small batch, I would like to share some with people that help collaborate to get some feedback on them.