Sign in to follow this  
darrell

Olfa Blades

Been having trouble with the Olfa stainless blades scratching glass right out of the box as of late. Does anyone have a border tape solution or something like cut aid that is recommended for use on black border cuts? I would like to make things easier for installs without using a light when you don't have assistance as well. Any options would be great for place to buy a form of border cut tape or or something of the like. Thanks

also on a side note the blades seem to be duller than they used to be and chunk up much easier than in the past.  is anyone else having these issues with Standard Olfa Stainless Steel blades? 

Edited by darrell

100% NOT what they used to be.  I was bitchin just the other day about how they are complete sh!t now.  Honestly they were the best in the late 90's to early 2000s and then someone did something to save money on materials and they have never been the same.

Alberts316 i cannot agree more which is why I want to find a cut aid tape that is quality to use and wanted recommendations if possible.

Use a piece of plastic, I use white strapping material, under the blade tip.

I quit using the Olfa blades a long time ago.  I use the NT stainless now. Used the KDS for a long time but they quit making them.

I used to use a plastic razor blade before but I prefer not to use that method. I actually prefer to use like white pin stripe material to mark out the black border and use as a cut buffer however that stuff is getting harder to find. If i could just get a 1/4 roll of white vinyl or tape could be perfect however its not easy to find either. 

Edited by darrell
forgot stuff