Xpel XR Plus for Tesla Y Windshield Tips? Lots of installers wont do.

I have noticed that lots of installers in my area will not tint my front windshield because of fear of damage from wet install.  However I really want to do it because of all the heat that it brings in the car and I love it on my raptor.  I have found one installer but they are making me sign a waiver.  Does anyone have any tips I can give them beyond towels on the Dash? 

thanks

5 hours ago, MaxSterling said:

I have noticed that lots of installers in my area will not tint my front windshield because of fear of damage from wet install.  However I really want to do it because of all the heat that it brings in the car and I love it on my raptor.  I have found one installer but they are making me sign a waiver.  Does anyone have any tips I can give them beyond towels on the Dash? 

thanks

I don’t trust tesla engineers further than I can throw em. And I’m not in shape to throw anyone lol! First run of tesla 3’s, maybe all of em were out to get us on the windshield and nobody wants to buy you a new computer or module. I’m sure it’s no problem with proper prep but we’re all Leary when it comes to tesla and damage. I feel like Elon had a 3 series coupe and hates our industry :twocents

I got my sister model Y in today. Her car is the only one on schedule. Her and my brother law wants all windows tinted. Im scared of the front windshield as well as Ive always steered clear of the model 3 windshield. Since im doing the roof im gonna pull the head liner and a pillars making sure no moisture goes anywhere. They’re getting Llumar IRX all around and a Global Ceramic for the roof glass. Thats the only thing I carry in 60”. 

17 hours ago, MaxSterling said:

thanks

Another internet myth. They dont know what they’re doing. 

Front windshield on the Y went easy. A pillars popped off. Micro fiber rope with plastic tucked on top at the bottom edge of the glass. Microfibers stuffed into the A pillar cavity. Pattern shifted on me and I even had to peel and respray.  Lots of slip and everything is still good.