spacer
tintwiz.com
3M
Xpel
suntekfilms
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
woodardhsd

Acceptable install? Bubbles, dust, fibers oh my.

Recently had my wife's 2018 Golf Sportwagen with 3M Ceramic IR tint at 50%.  This is my first experience so I really don't know whats acceptable or not.  Selected a local shop with good reviews, plenty of photos of tint jobs on nice cars in their website and Facebook.

Got the car back and there are bubbles and/or dust and other debris behind the film on half of the windows.  The rear hatch area was the worst, and I have attached photos.  I contacted the installer and they said they didn't think they could do better than they did on the original install, and offered removal of the film and a full refund.  He said the 50% film is very light colored so it's much easier to see imperfections.

Is this really the best install I could expect?

nrljYM1.jpg

a4wU6kU.jpg

They also left me a surprise in the back seat.

aNFAXVt.jpg

Edited by woodardhsd

The hatch on those wagons do need a bit more TLC, but there's no reason that back window should be that bad.  If he's willing to remove and refund your money, that speaks a lot about his character.  CHEERS TO THAT!

Oh . Dear .

The razor blade is a massive problem. The installer also needs some practice in shrinking the film correctly. :yep

I'm definitely going to take him up on the remove/refund, hopefully he doesn't do any damage removing the film.  Then I'm back to square one, which is finding a decent shop to re-tint.  Anyone know a good shop in the Raleigh, NC area?

I’m up in Asheville, so about 4 hours away. Plus I don’t do auto anymore. JH is over in New Bern, still a haul from Raleigh but he might know someone or have a recommendation for a shop that’s closer to you. Prob worth giving him a call if you can’t find anyone. Just google search Hardison Window Tinting. He does top notch work and is a great guy. :hat