spacer
3M
Xpel
suntekfilms

spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Shea S

Dodge Charger Backglass

Ok tint dudes... Need some help. I've been tinting for 16 yrs so I'm definitely not a newbie..... 2019 Charger are seriously driving me nuts. No matter what film I use Im getting at least 10 wheeps on defrosters line. I've tried using different films on each car (xpel,Llumar and solargaurd)... rougher sandpaper even tried to heat shape it differently.... What are yall doing to get rid of this problem? 

Edited by Shea S

Only way I can get these first try is right when I pull film off the back glass my other guys has 2 heat guns on the glass focusing on bottom and edges. Work quick at the edges, good luck. 

The best way is sanding with 1500 grit really well horizontally. Then follow up with steel wool. The lines are so thick you will barely be touching glass. Then just squeegee like any Bg. Just did one now with no peanuts. 

I read on here on another thread to slow down on my shrinking. I ran the same heat on my gun but backed it off about 4 to 5 in from my normal distance. Then I steel wool 000 lines. 2 Challengers not one peanut.

Somebody should tell my wife that an old dog can learn a new trick.