Window tint brands

3 hours ago, Whyme said:

As soon as any one asks about tint brands all the global guys chime in ! Like free advertising ! Top brands imo are Llumar , Huper optic , Solargard . 3m crystalline ! 

global has exceptional clarity, bulletproof scratch coat, color is a nice charcoal not overly green or blue, and the film doesn't turn purple even after 10 years in the california sun. easy to shrink and does't have curling issues during installation. the price is unbeatable for what you get. what else can 1 ask for? 

4 hours ago, Whyme said:

As soon as any one asks about tint brands all the global guys chime in ! Like free advertising ! Top brands imo are Llumar , Huper optic , Solargard . 3m crystalline ! 

Ummmm HE ASKED about Global and Llumar so yeah.

Yea pretty much all the installers close to me use global with a couple using Madico. The ones using global are charging around 250 and some charging 350 for standard global tint.

Seems high to me on price considering there is a shop a little distance from me that does llumar tint for 225 and considering the llumar film costs more for them to buy.

Seemd to me also that the local guys using global are making the most money because they are charging more for install and buying the tint cheaper than llumar 

35 minutes ago, Golf983 said:

Yea pretty much all the installers close to me use global with a couple using Madico. The ones using global are charging around 250 and some charging 350 for standard global tint.

Seems high to me on price considering there is a shop a little distance from me that does llumar tint for 225 and considering the llumar film costs more for them to buy.

Seemd to me also that the local guys using global are making the most money because they are charging more for install and buying the tint cheaper than llumar 

unless the Llumar shop is doing a huge volume of jobs then I would question the quality they produce.  Even with a high volume I would question the quality.  I'm at $299 for a car, sides and back, with Global HP....  I'm higher than anyone around and my customers come back because the quality is there.

There are so many factors in what it costs to run a shop.  The film cost is so small in the grand scheme.  To use Llumar my film cost would only be about $12 more for a full car!  

Choose the better shop and installer. Stop worrying about the cost of the film or the name.....

Between Llumar and Global, the Llumar IRX outperforms (better heat rejection) Global Ceramic.  Llumar is still a bigger company than Global.  Global has gotten really popular in the last few years because it is lower priced to purchase and user friendly.  Llumar has great clarity, also very user friendly but it costs more to purchase.  As a shop owner I had the choice to purchase either brand, i chose Llumar because of its longtime reputation. (I do sell much more SolarGard than Llumar though)