Do you spray or wipe off exterior water streaks, or leave them?

So, customer brings you a nice clean car, ya get done with a perfect tint install, and then have water streaks down the outside door panels. Oh no! do you guys wipe them down? (possibly scratching the paint) or spray them down with water? Wash the vehicle when you get done? Or leave the streaks and hand the car back to the customer, telling them you aren't a detailer?

On 9/26/2020 at 7:18 PM, part-timer said:

So, customer brings you a nice clean car, ya get done with a perfect tint install, and then have water streaks down the outside door panels. Oh no! do you guys wipe them down? (possibly scratching the paint) or spray them down with water? Wash the vehicle when you get done? Or leave the streaks and hand the car back to the customer, telling them you aren't a detailer?

If the car was spotless I’d still prefer avoiding that. Smearing dirt around, no matter how clean it looks.... shouldn’t be done. Car gets tinted once maybe twice in its lifespan. Gets washed a lot more! Hose it off before (as the customer) clean it out. And hose it off after. Too much liability on our behalf as installers for some bs scratch that may or may not have been there.

Edited by no ma'am
Grammar nazis

I never wipe down anything on the outside paint to avoid scratching or bringing an already flaw to the customers eyes. You'd be surprised how many vehicles I have found flaws in prior to pulling them into our bay and then after tinting them the customer points them out acting like they weren't there.. Always do a walk around and don't be afraid to point out what seems to be the obvious, nowadays common sense is gone!