Funny Story Time For Ya'll!

So I have been in the tinting industry for a little over 5 years now and I have NEVER come across a situation with a client like this. Figured I had to share with the rest of you for comedic relief. 😄 Long story short I tinted a Nissan Maxima for this client and they decided to do everything, including a sun-strip. So we got everything done in November of 2019 and recently they called to make an appointment to warranty the sun-strip, only the strip nothing else on the car. They show up with the film completely taken off, adhesive included with the warranty paperwork in hand. Asking them where is the film they tell me "It failed so bad I couldn't see out of it so it was a driving hazard."... Once I explained to him that he just voided his warranty by doing that, he couldn't understand how or why.. Why a consumer would assume they can get film warrantied without us seeing the defect is beyond me. Mind you the rest of the car was in perfect shape with no defects, film was all used on the same roll.

16 hours ago, Diablo's Tint said:

He probably got his windshield replaced 

I forgot to mention that he told me he removed it himself. After he told me it "failed so bad I couldn't see". Apparently I was to tell my film manufacturer that "the client is stupid and he didn't know that was a part of the warranty claim", his words not mine.. 😂

On 9/28/2020 at 4:41 PM, Whyme said:

I’ve had this happen to me many times , even for the 2 front windows where the customer has it all off and claims it started peeling so I would redo it for free , when the customer obviously got a fix it ticket 

had the same thing for 2 fronts and the customer just kept arguing

so i said to him " if you had a stereo installed and it broke, would you throw the stereo out and expect it to be covered under warranty?"

conversation over

Have you had this asked to you? I have several times. The jist of it is basically:

Customer- "Yeah I got my car tinted by you, it has a lifetime warranty right? " Me- "Yes" Customer- "well I got a new car, the film has a lifetime warranty so itll cover this one?" Me- 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Basically the customer thinks the warranty will extend to the new car eventhough there is nothing wrong with the film, just trying to get a free tint job on the new car. 🤪🤪