Trouble tinting Tesla Model 3’s rear window, please help!

We’ve tried installing Global QDP Ceramic on a Tesla Model 3’s rear glass seven times now, and each time we try, we have glue remnants under the film:

0-B8-C773-D-285-D-44-DB-A926-CA7-F671-B4

When we remove the existing film, we clean the glue remnants in this order:

1. Awesome All Purpose Cleaner

2. Dawn soap

3. 50/50 isopropyl

When we lay the film down inside the car, we have to push the film down several inches because of how little clearance there is between the rear window and the shelf:

Tesla_Model_3.jpg

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Not enough slip agent in your water. When you're putting the film on the glass and attempting to slide it into position you're making the marks. A friend of mine who uses global told me that it has a pretty aggressive adhesive. He's a pretty experienced installer I have no reason to doubt him. But I've never actually installed Global myself.

On 10/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, Old timer said:

Not enough slip agent in your water. When you're putting the film on the glass and attempting to slide it into position you're making the marks. A friend of mine who uses global told me that it has a pretty aggressive adhesive. He's a pretty experienced installer I have no reason to doubt him. But I've never actually installed Global myself.

We tried doubling the amount of slip agent, and the same issue occurred today.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:54 AM, Felixbiel said:

When spray the glass with the slip solutions does it just bead up like a waxed surface? If so, you can lightly torch the inside surface and it will burn off whatever is on there. Once done the slip solution should spread and stay on surface without beading up.

🤯 all these years and Ive never found a way to get rid of defogger. 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

🤯 all these years and Ive never found a way to get rid of defogger. 

Learned this from watching vinyl installers. When sticking lettering or logos they will torch the glass to get rid of Rainx or products like it. Works just the same on the inside.

4 hours ago, Felixbiel said:

Learned this from watching vinyl installers. When sticking lettering or logos they will torch the glass to get rid of Rainx or products like it. Works just the same on the inside.

Holy Shit 100% confirmed it works! Was doing two fronts today and it had defogger. Was struggling to get it lined up. Passenger side cleaned like normal and remembered your post. Quick three sweeps and defogger was gone. Thanks Bro!