which tint to go with?

1 hour ago, Golf983 said:

haha your full of ..., maybe next time I order a car I’ll have the experienced car salesman tell me what color and options I want without looking into it. That way I won’t think I could have got something better. See how ridiculous your reasoning is.

I am also asking tinters their advice and the shop I’m using, not saying I know better.

My neighbors car is the same year, model, trim, and interior. Exterior color is different and tint is different but it gives me a close enough idea. I’m on a forum for my particular car and 35 all around is one of the most popular choices and generally they are satisfied with it.

Really though I don’t have much of a choice, 35 all around is the law in my state so that is what I’m going with. In Chicago, they are ruthless with tint tickets. First offense is like 250, second offense becomes a misdemeanor. I’m not a dumba** 17 year old and just going to throw dark tint on it 

Chicago also tried to have "home rule" on tint and didn't want to allow any on the front.  They were writing tickets on parked cars.  Thankfully the ILCS got updated to make that not be lethal any longer.

You have stated you asked the tint shop about tinting in colder weather but then asked us because you don't trust them to tell you the truth....

35% range is a great film but most aren't happy with it no matter the law. They want darker.  I personally like a 35 on vehicles but have my own darker.

Exterior color will make a difference in the way it looks too.

Like i said, I hope you find happiness but I question that you will.

16 minutes ago, Ryker said:

Chicago also tried to have "home rule" on tint and didn't want to allow any on the front.  They were writing tickets on parked cars.  Thankfully the ILCS got updated to make that not be lethal any longer.

You have stated you asked the tint shop about tinting in colder weather but then asked us because you don't trust them to tell you the truth....

35% range is a great film but most aren't happy with it no matter the law. They want darker.  I personally like a 35 on vehicles but have my own darker.

Exterior color will make a difference in the way it looks too.

Like i said, I hope you find happiness but I question that you will.

I did ask and he said it takes longer to cure but they tint year around. On my particular car forum there are guys who have done it in winter and been fine but some did say they had haze issues, bubbles etc for a long really time while curing.  

I think my tint would of turned out ok in time given what people have said but I don’t really need tint now during winter. My tinter also broke his foot and covid is going crazy, not a good time. Had I not researched I admittedly would of regretted getting it done in winter had I ran into some issues I mentioned above, might as well do it in better conditions to dry out faster

Edited by Golf983

Finally got my tint done couple weeks back, drove couple hours to a well known tinter with good reputation. It came out pretty much flawless, not one bubble or spec on the side windows. Plan on going to him for all my cars, pleased with his work.

I went with pinnacle 35, they actually carry pretty much all the shades available (30,35,40 etc). Told that lady that shows you the options I wanted pinnacle 35 and also told the installer pinnacle 35 when we went over my car and he asked me what I wanted. I was so impressed with his work I didn’t look at my invoice/warranty sheet until I got home and it said pinnacle 30, lol. Called them up and he said lady up front wrote it up wrong on the invoice but that it was pinnacle 35 which I requested. Said he put it in the plotter himself and would show me with the light meter if I wanted. They sent me an updated warranty card with pinnacle 35 on it. I think it looks great.

Edited by Golf983