Tint percentage

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, Ryker said:

Most 40% film will meter out about 32 to 34.  A 35 will meter out under 30.

QDPC 38 should have metered out closer to 30. Bear in mind that film with liner and not installed will be a bit off on the meter. 

so why are these shops telling me llumar ctx, IRX 35 won’t go below 30 on my factory windows with 75 percent factory tint already? I’ve had multiple tell me that which are too far away to just have them test it first. 

my test with shop close to me says that is not true, the qdp ceramic 35 held up to window was 27, are they lying to me just to get sales?

2 hours ago, Golf983 said:

so why are these shops telling me llumar ctx, IRX 35 won’t go below 30 on my factory windows with 75 percent factory tint already? I’ve had multiple tell me that which are too far away to just have them test it first. 

my test with shop close to me says that is not true, the qdp ceramic 35 held up to window was 27, are they lying to me just to get sales?

A "35 %" is just a classification.  One 35 can be darker than another.  There

is also a tolerance and variance in the darkness of a film allowed.

Meters have a variance and tolerance as well.  If you are so worried then don't get the job done or go with an even lighter film.  

OR, go with the shop you feel most comfortable with, get the work done, get a promise that you will be within legal limits of you want.  Anyway about it WE CAN'T HELP YOU anymore than we have unless you went to drive to one of our places!

30 minutes ago, Ryker said:

A "35 %" is just a classification.  One 35 can be darker than another.  There

is also a tolerance and variance in the darkness of a film allowed.

Meters have a variance and tolerance as well.  If you are so worried then don't get the job done or go with an even lighter film.  

OR, go with the shop you feel most comfortable with, get the work done, get a promise that you will be within legal limits of you want.  Anyway about it WE CAN'T HELP YOU anymore than we have unless you went to drive to one of our places!

qdp35 specs on their site is 38 vlt, llumar IRX35 specs is 38 vlt and ctx35 is 37 vlt.

The qdp35 has the same vlt spec as the llumar and was 27 on my front windows. I just don’t see how ctx35 or IRX35 would be 30 or higher on my windows but the stores tell me it will be. They don’t carry a 40.

im asking you guys because you guys lay these tints 5 days a week on factory windows. I don’t want to drive two hours to these places for my appointment that carry llumar and have it test below 30 so am just doing my homework. 

Ryker, your in Illinois, whats the lowest you use for people who want to stay legal on sedan? I understand there aren’t many who care about being legal but it can become a major pita if cops do care, only takes one.

12 hours ago, Ryker said:

I use Global HP 40.  It will meter 32 to 35 or something like that.

well this is pretty much the last week that it's going to be mild weather, 60's. After that is 40 or below, I would be a better tint job in warmer 60 degree weather, right?

34 minutes ago, Golf983 said:

well this is pretty much the last week that it's going to be mild weather, 60's. After that is 40 or below, I would be a better tint job in warmer 60 degree weather, right?

If you find a reputable shop that is installing a quality product, temperature won't matter unless it is below freezing and going to stay there.