spacer
3M Training
Llumar
xpel
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Rick Tallman

How I tint a 94 Vette in one piece

Heat where the stretch is not...that's the key..just like vinyl. This is an eazy backglass.

Iv done 4-5..no issues

That was cool Rick and thanks for sharing.  I have done only a few of the C4's & luckily in 1 piece.  I wet tack the bottom half tight to the glass & snap only the top, side corner and has worked out with out any issues, but I will be using the relief cut method on my next one. 

This technique worked for me. We normally did these in three pieces and nailed it on the first try. Thanks for the great video and explanation. Very helpful!

6 hours ago, Ridler said:

This technique worked for me. We normally did these in three pieces and nailed it on the first try. Thanks for the great video and explanation. Very helpful!

is it a pain to remove the two hydraulic arms?

It's not a pain but having two people is best. The glass on these is heavy and there's really no place to put a prop rod that I felt comfortable putting anywhere. The car we did only had 60K on it so it was in really good shape and spent it's life in a garage so it was clean and didn't have the normal dry rot you see. So taking out the latch and arms wasn't a problem for us.

30 seconds into the video and I just wanted to rip the film off and slam dunk it in the trash! I would never see enough of these to learn them...same with Beetle. Tight work though!!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

3M Training

Contact TintDude tintdude@gmail.com